• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I caped a Bomb?

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
Ok So I have a pretty simple question.. When it comes to reflecting peach's bomb, does it only work when you're above the bomb? Yesterday to my surprise I beat my roommate we were both on last stock I reflected his bomb right above him and it flew down and killed him. Now in the past I have caped approximately 3-4 of his bombs, but was always horizontal to the bomb, and it would not reflect, but would just stop it from damaging me (which was still pretty bad *** when I was on a 1 stock off map recovery)

Edit: I would also like to know if I can reflect items (a.k.a that damned beam sword)

TheDekuNut

Smash Journeyman
face the opposite direct of the bomb and cape. mind= blown

there's a hitbox on your hand when you cape that will make the bomb explode

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Isnt docs cape hitbox one of the biggest hitboxes in smash? LOL

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the info > : ) Now I'll have to reverse cape his bombs if theyre coming horizontal

and yes...yes it is :p

VGmasta

Smash Lord
When it comes to reflecting peach's bomb, does it only work when you're above the bomb?
No, you can deflect the bomb using the cape in ANY direction as long as you time the cape's hitbox correctly. You can even time the deflection while facing away from the bomb.

Isnt docs cape hitbox one of the biggest hitboxes in smash? LOL
Doc's cape is one of the biggest hitboxes in Doc's moveset. But certainly NOT one of the biggest hitboxes in the game.

Reverse-cape the bomb. It will always reflect.
It always reflect as long as we can time that reverse-cape as well as you SmashMac

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
For Link's bombs you have to cape earlier then normal to reflect them back or backwards. But I always thought that caping Peach's bob-omb was just like caping everything else, like it doesn't have to be timed specially and it can be in any direction.

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
For Link's bombs you have to cape earlier then normal to reflect them back or backwards. But I always thought that caping Peach's bob-omb was just like caping everything else, like it doesn't have to be timed specially and it can be in any direction.

Well since Peaches bomb smash thrown has such a fast speed if you cape in front (from my experience) it always blows up into your hand and does nothing, I assumed it couldn't be caped but like my post says I caped one above him, so with peaches bombs you have to either get frame perfect(not confirmed by me at all as they always blow up on me), or turn backwards/be above/below the bomb otherwise it will explode on your palm and look cool , but will do nothing to you or peach

Turnips on the other hand are free for shenanigans :p I remember KOing my buddy by caping a stitch into him then I grabbed it back up and tried to get another hit in :)

face the opposite direct of the bomb and cape. mind= blown

there's a hitbox on your hand when you cape that will make the bomb explode

Top Bottom