• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't think of anything to do...

• Thread starter smash brawl player 99021
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm in 9th Grade now. Every teacher is urging me to make decisions about my future/career/college. And honestly? I have no clue what I want to do in my future. IMO I don't think I need to bother with it my freshman year. But I dunno, it's all so confusing. High school is a drag maaaaaaaaaaaaaan.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I wouldn't worry about it. College students change majors all the time and your four years away from it if you decide to go. I thought I was gonna be a pharmacist but now I'm majoring in criminal justice. In ninth grade I thought for sure I was going to have a career in the medical field. I still could someday down the road.

Overall your in a great position in my opinion. In 9th grade you've got options open for classes you might want to take such as a foreign language, chemistry, biology, history..anything. If you go to college your first semester/year will likely be a repeat of what you learn in high school so don't feel to overwhelmed. Basically keep an open mind towards things your interested in and try them out. It's not like your committed for life in high school. Just enjoy the ride and do what your interested in.

S

smash brawl player 99021

That's just it. I'm not...really interested in anything. @___@
I'm don't really excel at anything. I'm just sort of neutral I guess.

D13

Smash Ace
9th grade? Don't sweat it, man. I'm sure you'll find some more interesting classes in 11-12th grade.

S

smash brawl player 99021

But every single class is saying "What college are you going to?" "What are you going to do in your future?"
Just next week we have to do a report on what college I want to/plan on going to. I'll most likely BS it but they're shoving our ****ing future down our throats.

The Original Oats

Smash Apprentice
Kid the questions you gotta ask yourself is what do I enjoy doing the most? What talents do I possess? For instance I enjoy drawing (which is one my talents) and working out. I've transformed those two things into my career choices which is to become a master artist and nutritionist. Seeing how our nation is overweight I can see many clients arriving in the near future. :)

If your into playing any type of instrument like a friend of mine start your own band(and hope for the best) or hit up a technical college and later on open up your own recording studio. There are a variety of career choices and colleges out there to choose from but they all vary price wise. It all basically depends on what you really enjoy doing. :bigthumbu

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'm just not good at anything enough to have it as a career. I'm taking Drafting 1 now, but I'm no good at that. Scratch that off. Marketing next semester. Maybe that'll do something. I do enjoy working out and being active though. I wouldn't mind doing that I guess.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Hey IcyDeath, there's already a thread here stickied called "Something Bothering You?"

Try it! :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom