• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I can't Imagine this:

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
yes he would... unlike charizard.. blaziken actually has usable arms and legs... along with fire attacks(if you played ruby or saphire you'd know he's 1/2 fighting 1/2 fire)

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
yes he would... unlike charizard.. blaziken actually has usable arms and legs... along with fire attacks(if you played ruby or saphire you'd know he's 1/2 fighting 1/2 fire)
Charizards arms and legs are totally useable. Blaziken is an ugly crap thats totally outclassed by infernape.

Besides, charizard can learn focus punch, brick break, focus blast and rock smash all of which are fighting moves and a wide array of fire moves.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
It's a blazing chicken, hence the name, Blaziken. I far prefer Charizard being playable in Brawl than Blaziken though, I'm glad he made it in over Blaze, that is, assuming they aren't both playable characters.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
if you think about it, Blaziken would just be another Captain Falcon. Both use fire, Fire Punch(Falcon Punch), Sky Uppercut(Raptor Boost), and just look at the pic

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
if you think about it, Blaziken would just be another Captain Falcon. Both use fire, Fire Punch(Falcon Punch), Sky Uppercut(Raptor Boost), and just look at the pic

Haha, nice one! :chuckle: Blaziken shall replace Capitan Falcon! That's why he has not been announced on the Dojo. And you forgot he has Blaze Kick! (Falcon Kick) :lick:

And also, Charizard is way more popular than Blaziken, and so are the first generation of starters (than the third), I'm pretty sure. It would be dumb to have put in Blaziken instead of Charizard; not to mention he can't fly.

That being said, however, I would have preferred Bulbasar, Charmander and Squirtle instead. :( Good memories...

Grod

Smash Apprentice
No Blaziken.
I could easily see Charizard running. He would just lean foward and...run. Big, slow, heavy steps (think Ganondorf's run, but a tad slower because of shorter legs.)

Ivysaur can grab stuff with his mouth.

Taunt = ...anything, really. If Link could have some lame little hair flip thing the there's no limit to what taunts can be.

As for Kirby hats, I don't really care.

1)2) Yeah, that is kind of a problem... maybe a pair of vines come out of his back to act as arms?
Are you kidding me? Ivysaur's standard special is Bullet Seed. Why in the bloody hell would Kirby need vines to use that? He gets a flower on his back and he shoots seeds upwards. What is so plainly complicated about that?

Shadowclaw

Smash Cadet
Are you kidding me? Ivysaur's standard special is Bullet Seed. Why in the bloody hell would Kirby need vines to use that? He gets a flower on his back and he shoots seeds upwards. What is so plainly complicated about that?
He was referring to the second point:
-Ivysaur using the cracker launcher

Note that the responses are numbered in order; Please read carefully before you flame/criticize. It helps prevent pointless discussion.

Tophat

Smash Rookie
Kirby with wings and flamethrower.
Yeah, that would be pro.

But set aside, have they even considered "evolution" of the Pokemon?

Ivysaur into Venusaur
Squirtle into Blastoise

Somehow, that would be awesome.

But I understand the 1,2,3 lineup they have already.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure Sakurai is aware of their evolutions, but then the Pokemon Trainer will have 3 bulky, slow Pokemon. Need the speed and all-around varieties to even things up and not overpower the Pokemon Trainer's potential.

---

As for Charizard running, I can see him clumsily running along, marching across the platform with its arms giving it some momentum.

I just can't see Ivysaur using an item. Yes, I'm sure it uses its vines but I can't imagine Ivysaur shooting something other than its own seeds and leaves.

As for Ivysaur's taunts, something along the lines of twirling its vines, crying out its name (referring to the garden episode where all the Bulbasaur gathered to evolve into Ivysaur) and maybe even using Petal Dance without causing damage for aestheticism.

You never know...

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Enough about the Charizard-tail thing.

Also, Pyroroth, you're ruining this topic with fanboyism and bad jokes "pewpewpew"? Are you just trying to up your post count? Also, watch out for double posts.

Onto the topic. I really can't see Ivysaur firing the cracker launcher. It can't fit in his mouth AND face the right way, plus he has pretty much no way of pulling the trigger like that. His vines holding it seems plausible, but he has no fingers to grip with. Maybe wrapping them around it... That could work. As long as it doesn't look awkward with him holding it a foot away from him. Maybe holding it close over his back.

As for Charizard running, there's gotta be a better way than fake-gliding. But I can't think of one.

And taunts for ivysaur are ridiculously easy.
/\ Looks at the screen, grins, saying "Iiiivee-SOAR", moving his head a little as he does so.
< > Rears up on his hind legs, vines out pointing up above him, as in the crappy illustration below, but facing sideways
\/ Shakes his green backside similar to what Venuaur did in Melee, but without the earthquake.

`:

iron blade

Smash Ace
ivysaur will probably hold items with his vines, and charizard with probably run by flying low to the ground like mewtwo. kibry's hats of the pokemon will probably be like pikachu's hat, but i think sakurai will get more creative than that

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
-Charizard after grabbing metal box
-Squirtle in general
-Squirtle wearing those glasses just in the in anime

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
-Charizard after grabbing metal box
-Squirtle in general
-Squirtle wearing those glasses just in the in anime
Lol whats wrong with squirtle? :confused:

Hes the one Ill be using most! (when playing Pkmn Trainer) Lol metal charizard

mickeyk90

Smash Apprentice
I dont have a problem with Squirtle at all
Its just that I would never would have thought that it would be in brawl
It was a total surprise for me

I absolutely love Squirtle <3

As for the metal Charizard idea , I got that from Pokemon Stadium when i was a little tike
I remembered using the move Harden for Charizard and it looked cool

also Id like to add
-a Pokemon holding a Pokeball
that would be a trip

Zorya

Smash Ace
-Charizard running
-Ivysaur with a taunt (he's my fav but the only thing I could picture him doing is that roll like pichu :p.)
-Kirby...with a plant on its back??? Or with a turtle shell??? MAADNNESSSS I tell you!!!! :burst:
Yes, I agree. I'm gonna have a Beauty and the Beast ball laughing at these possibilites.:laugh:

Reno-Vgas

Smash Cadet
-Charizard running
-Ivysaur with a taunt (he's my fav but the only thing I could picture him doing is that roll like pichu :p.)
-Kirby...with a plant on its back??? Or with a turtle shell??? MAADNNESSSS I tell you!!!! :burst:
I can see the kirby one.. kind of. I cant picture the other two, well I guess Ivy might hold stuff in his mouth(like pika), right?

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
this explains why they wernt in the demo, programming pokemon trainer is the asme as programming moer than 3 characters if you count PT's animations in the background

iron blade

Smash Ace
Charizard will probably skid along the ground or hover, but it would be hilarious if he actually ran. As for the kirby thing, I think he will just get their heads as a hat like pika, but it would be funny if he got a bulb and a shell.

Top Bottom