• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I cant decide which character to use

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Link to original post: [drupal=5333]I cant decide which character to use[/drupal]

Right now I main meta kinght and Lucario. Im much better with mk because i was using him longer. I dont really like using both of these characters. I first mained metaknight because I felt most comfortable with him and he was the easiest character to use because of his great recovery and 6 jumps. I wanted to learn how to play Lucario after watching Trela play on the sktar stream. I now know lucario's moveset, but im still much better with mk. I want to use a character that I will have more fun with, but I dont want to use any low/low mid tier characters, or any character that is completely different from the other characters (yoshi is a good example).
Can someone please tell me how you chose your main character that you stayed with for a long time and have fun using?

edit: I will still use lucario and mk if i pick a new main.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Want to win tournaments? Play top/high tiers.

Want to have fun? Play whoever you enjoy the most.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Honestly, being a low tier main is really hard because you're going to plateau quickly, as in, you will improve sloooowly. The fun with playing high tier characters is that you can actually see your improvement.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And you can actually beat players with a lower skill level and sometimes higher (if they use a character with a bad matchup against yours).

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If you actually like using Mk, then use him. It's not worth using any other character if that's the case. Later, when you're the bomb diggy at this game and get bored with MK, then start picking up secondaries for funzies.

People who main characters other than MK, generally just don't use MK because they don't like him. If you like him, use him. It's no contest.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If you actually like using Mk, then use him. It's not worth using any other character if that's the case. Later, when you're the bomb diggy at this game and get bored with MK, then start picking up secondaries for funzies.

People who main characters other than MK, generally just don't use MK because they don't like him. If you like him, use him. It's no contest.
I dont like using mk because I dont have fun with him. I have a lot more fun with diddy kong and snake even though I dont know how to use them at all.
Thankyou everyone.
edit: I will try to learn diddy kong now, i hope i dont give up like i did on mario, kirby, ike, and zelda.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If you consider yourself a Meta Knight main, have used Meta Knight the most, and find his playstyle easier to grasp than other characters, then you're better off sticking with MK.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
If you consider yourself a Meta Knight main, have used Meta Knight the most, and find his playstyle easier to grasp than other characters, then you're better off sticking with MK.
I want to enjoy the game more and mk isn't fun for me. The only reason i keep using him is for lucarios bad mu's and because I feel more comfortable with him.

Top Bottom