• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I can Mix it up!!"- Lil Mac Custom Move Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
If it's allowed in tourney, discuss that here.
What is your wish list for Lil Mac's Custom Moves?
Personally, I'd like to see an UpB that has better recovery, but does little to no damage as a balance.
Or an uppercut with further horrible recovery, but it uses Mac's KO Gauge.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How could it have even worse recovery? Would it propell him downward?! :laugh:

But seriously:

B - Straight Lunge seems simple enough, sort of like Mario's Fireball. More power with less or no movement, and less power yet it launches him a longer distance. (I'm not really sure what use that would have if it still has the lag at the end.)

Side - Frankly, this is the hardest move to work with if you ask me. Maybe add some sort of harder-hitting lightning effect to it if you sweetspot, but make the jump slightly shorter distance. The second augmentation could be...I dunno. A horizontal variant of his up-b that ends with a bit more damage, but leaves him helpless?

Up - I'm not sure I see Sakurai making his Up-B go higher. That seems too logical. Something interesting like the final hit exploding at higher percents, or having no vertical distance whatsoever but also putting enemies in the helpless state.

Down - An augment that makes the counter do a higher damage multiplier if Mac is in trouble seems good. Maybe balance that by making the timing more precise. (Something like Ike's Brawl counter, but less terrible.) And the second could be...something random. Countering freezes the opponent, or stuns them momentarily, or something.

I'm really interested to see what actually gets done with Mac, and honestly most character's specials.

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Neutral Special: For the Straight Lunge aspect, adjust power and distance, as well as charge time. Also, I think it has a fire effect already, so maybe an ice effect?
For the KO Punch aspect, replace it with the Star Punch. Rather than just build as time goes on, you get a Star by interrupting attacks, or by attacking out of a dodge. However, taking too much damage causes you to lose a Star. At 3 Stars, you use the Star Punch, which is a OHKO.
Side Special:
One can be that you hold down the button, and depending on how long you hold it down, it adjusts the angle at which you jump, like Yoshi's eggs in PM.
One can be that you lose the ability to jump through projectiles, but you gain extreme distance, which, while situational in battle as you'll probably never be too far away as Mac and it'll end up in drastic overshooting, it'll be extremely helpful in recovery.
Up Special: One variation could create a cyclone around him, giving him a power windbox, as well as a slight increase in recovery power. Another could that in order to aid your recovery, instead of going higher, you spin upwards, then you continue spinning, slowly descending.
Down Special: As for his Slip Counter, counters can be used to violently disrupt an opponent's flow, or to defensively shut them down. So one variation would be more offensive, one more defensive. The offensive one could do one of two things. You can either counter, which would be followed by Mac's signature Stun Punch, which would leave them in a dizzy state, at the cost of a much smaller window of time to counter with. Basically, you can't just throw up your counter and wait for an attack. You'd basically have to intercept it at the last second. OR, the offensive one could be just a strong punch in the chin, sending them upwards.
The defensive one could have Little Mac dodge the attack, and then automatically sidestep backwards or forwards, depending on the direction pushed, or maybe just allow him to cancel out of it.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Mac's customizable movets will probably the same exact moves, but with different properties or effects.

Doubt you can turn his straight lunge into a "hook" lunge, if you get what I mean.

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
That would be cool, if he had something like Dudley's Thunder punch and make it into a spike.

I like your Idea for B. I think I'd rather take range with less damage to be able to Zone opponents.

Hmm, I could see something happening with that sweet spot one, and that could make his ground/grab more vicious where he could grab then F-throw/B-throw (Idk which is stronger) then side B.

That first UpB sounds like it'll be a combo finisher. AA->upgrab-> upb. And I think that second one would be kind funny. Like a punch drunk hit.

I like where you're going with the first down b option and while reading it, I thought about "What if it could be like the Demsy roll from Hajime no Ippo where the timing hat to be on point". That second one is great too because that could disrupt Marth players.

Down Special: As for his Slip Counter, counters can be used to violently disrupt an opponent's flow, or to defensively shut them down. So one variation would be more offensive, one more defensive. The offensive one could do one of two things. You can either counter, which would be followed by Mac's signature Stun Punch, which would leave them in a dizzy state, at the cost of a much smaller window of time to counter with. Basically, you can't just throw up your counter and wait for an attack. You'd basically have to intercept it at the last second. OR, the offensive one could be just a strong punch in the chin, sending them upwards.
The defensive one could have Little Mac dodge the attack, and then automatically sidestep backwards or forwards, depending on the direction pushed, or maybe just allow him to cancel out of it.
B:
That sounds really good, if attribute would double in on this game I'd like to use the Ice one vs. Charazard with this one. And I like how fast you're talking about having the KO meter build. I think that would be something that will make Street fighter fans love him cause you got that gauge management.

Side B:
I like that. I wonder show would sacrifice that invicibility for recovery? THIS GUY TYPING THIS MESSAGE WOULD. Plus I can see this being something in matches w/ Non-projectile users. Allowing him to keep that doggly pursuit.

Up B:
I like this idea too cause being a street fighter/ Tekken player, I'm not used to thinking about windboxes. How would it work in a move like that? Please explain.
Ah a floating effect. Nice.
Down B:
I like the offensive one. It opens up more of an situation for people to land an OTK Punch. And that defensive one is very interesting.

Great Ideas guys. Keep them coming.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
That would be cool, if he had something like Dudley's Thunder punch and make it into a spike.

I like your Idea for B. I think I'd rather take range with less damage to be able to Zone opponents.

Hmm, I could see something happening with that sweet spot one, and that could make his ground/grab more vicious where he could grab then F-throw/B-throw (Idk which is stronger) then side B.

That first UpB sounds like it'll be a combo finisher. AA->upgrab-> upb. And I think that second one would be kind funny. Like a punch drunk hit.

I like where you're going with the first down b option and while reading it, I thought about "What if it could be like the Demsy roll from Hajime no Ippo where the timing hat to be on point". That second one is great too because that could disrupt Marth players.

B:
That sounds really good, if attribute would double in on this game I'd like to use the Ice one vs. Charazard with this one. And I like how fast you're talking about having the KO meter build. I think that would be something that will make Street fighter fans love him cause you got that gauge management.

Side B:
I like that. I wonder show would sacrifice that invicibility for recovery? THIS GUY TYPING THIS MESSAGE WOULD. Plus I can see this being something in matches w/ Non-projectile users. Allowing him to keep that doggly pursuit.

Up B:
I like this idea too cause being a street fighter/ Tekken player, I'm not used to thinking about windboxes. How would it work in a move like that? Please explain.
Ah a floating effect. Nice.
Down B:
I like the offensive one. It opens up more of an situation for people to land an OTK Punch. And that defensive one is very interesting.

Great Ideas guys. Keep them coming.
By Windbox, think of DK's Storm Punch, but upwards.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Ideally, hmm...

Straight Lunge
-Vertical Lunge (you charge the move, and it travels upward)
-Multi Lunge (this one will act like Balrog's Violent Buffalo, hitting multiple times while travelling along the ground)

Spinning Uppercut
-Twirling Uppercut: (Knocks to the sides like Link's Melee UP+B on ground).
-Twisting Uppercut: (You can move horizontally a lot easier, rescembles DK's UP+B. Traps opponent in a multi hit combo)

Jolt Haymaker
-Bolt Haymaker (If you sweetspot the haymaker, the opponent gets spiked)
-Burn Haymaker (A flaming haymaker, it acts disjointed as the move is executed and causes minor burns to opponents, explosive damage at sweetspot, covers less distance)

Slip
-Cross Counter (Harder to time, if successful: sends opponents flying straight ahead and a bit of at a downward angle, Mac takes damage)
-Stun Counter (Causes 1% damage to opponent, but stuns opponent in place)

Takehiko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FoldedMachi
By Windbox, think of DK's Storm Punch, but upwards.
Ah. I'd like that with His Ko punch at low percents. Cause then you can wind them off stage.

Ideally, hmm...
B:
Ok. I'm liking that out of the box idea about it going up. And I really love that multi hit one because Balrog is my main in SF4. That would be awesome for this game considering that you could do a multi lunge -> Counter stun[ mindgames] -> Otk punch.
UpB:
I see where you're going with that Twirling one. Like an GTFO move. I could see that being useful if he's in doubles. And Twisting yeah cause he's going to need something with recovery.

Side B:
I'm noticing a lot of people are wanting that Sweet spot. I'd go directly for that Burn Haymaker.

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Star Punch has to be his new nspec. Maybe it's a really fast jab and if you hit foes while they're attacking - like during a Bowser fsmash or something, you get a star. And 3 is either a KO or Falcon Punch-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom