• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I believe Ike's Chances for Brawl have just risen

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I knew someone would make a thread like this... but i was expecting it to be about the castle and how it looks like the one in the brawl trailer...

maybe sothe instead of ike, like an advertisement scheme like roy...

I dont necessarly agree about the castle thing... but i figured someone was going to mention it...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
No... I'm pretty sure that was Zelgius, the Begnion general who assisted the Greil Mercenaries in Path of Radiance.

EDIT: According to the Wikipedia article on Goddess of Dawn, it is in fact Zelgius.

Destruction_King

Smash Ace
No... I'm pretty sure that was Zelgius, the Begnion general who assisted the Greil Mercenaries in Path of Radiance.

EDIT: According to the Wikipedia article on Goddess of Dawn, it is in fact Zelgius.

Really? Oh, well would you look at that. OK, you're right. Thread over.

But before I go, I just have this to say.

>_>
<_<

Bring back Soren and Oscar for Goddes of Dawn!

D

Deleted member

Whoa thats awesome. Actualy, most people seem to believe
Zelgius is the Black Knight

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, Ike actually does return in FE10! Here look at this scan: http://www.fe-online.co.uk/fe10/images/scans/fe10_2007_6.jpg Ike is in the bottom right talking with Leanne and Reyson, and he's a Lord again (dunno why he changed back to a Ranger back in PoR in the first place =/ )

Btw, the castle stage is from FE1/3, not from PoR. Even though I think Ike is still very very likely to be in Brawl.

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, Ike actually does return in FE10! Here look at this scan: http://www.fe-online.co.uk/fe10/images/scans/fe10_2007_6.jpg Ike is in the bottom right talking with Leanne and Reyson, and he's a Lord again (dunno why he changed back to a Ranger back in PoR in the first place =/ )
That screen is a screen to show again the White Herons, along with Rafiel. Ike will most likely appear as the hero of the last war, but in a secretly fashion, near the end of the game.

D

Deleted member

He better return.

No more pulling the old "I'll just die though I was so badass in the previous game" trick.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well since alot of characters are returning, Ike indeed better returns. Dunno for you guys but, I felt PoR was never really "finished" in Ike's perspective. Or Goddess of Dawn was already planned a long time before...

Even though, I still think Ike's changes are increadibly high thanks to his populairty.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
nephenee is worthless...

the castle does look a lot like the brawl trailer... but i hate assuming...

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
The castle thing does gives the idea that at least one FE character will appear... Ike sure does look like the person most fan people would want to have... My guess, they'll be useing the newer characters from this new FE game instead of Ike and his game... Sothe and Micaiah probably will make it...

Manashima

Smash Apprentice
"What about celic?

"I assume he would be lighter than marth and somewhat faster."

Celice?

No, he most likely will be heavier/slower than Marth. Celices sword Tyrfing is heavier than the Falchion, and Celices speciality wasnt his speed, but his High skill. So I assume his moves to be better/proficent , but slower.

Though Game doesnt = SSBB performance....

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Well, Ike actually does return in FE10! Here look at this scan: http://www.fe-online.co.uk/fe10/imag...e10_2007_6.jpg Ike is in the bottom right talking with Leanne and Reyson, and he's a Lord again (dunno why he changed back to a Ranger back in PoR in the first place =/ )
Where was he confirmed a lord

nephenee is worthless...
Somebody's never played PoR, or hates good units.

My guess, they'll be useing the newer characters from this new FE game instead of Ike and his game... Sothe and Micaiah probably will make it...
Ike is in the new one, but the main lords as far as I know are Sothe, Mikaya and Elincia.

D

Deleted member

Dang it, I hate Sothe.

Maybe its the random new character syndrome thing again since I usualy support those whose games have been out for a while. Plus, Ike actualy looks cool.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Whoa thats awesome. Actualy, most people seem to believe
Zelgius is the Black Knight
I forgot to mention that... It is a very interesting theory and may very well turn out to be an interesting plot twist in Goddess of Dawn.

nephenee is worthless...
Nephenee is most certainly NOT a worthless character - she's one of my top 5 units, along with Ike (a given), Boyd, Rolf, and Jill...

At any rate, I'm glad Jill's back. I can only hope the rest of them return...

Dang it, I hate Sothe.
Looks like I'm not alone on that one... How did one of the crappiest units in Path of Radiance get to be one of the lead characters in the next installment?!

Kirye

Smash Ace
I'm hoping Ike is in, if not then I guess i'll be fine if I still have Marth, but I do have one question.

Ike and Marth look VERY similar, isn't it possible that Marth might get replaced by him? I was just playing PoR like a few weeks ago, and thought about Smash bros and about how Ike might get in. He could be a replacement for Roy, sure, but if you think about it, both Marth and Ike have very similar characteristics. It's possible that they replace Marth and Roy for Ike and Sothe. Of course, that's just a possibility, i'd prefer it not happen as I love using Marth.

And btw, why does everyone want Nephenee? >_> She was alright in PoR, but she's a generic *** character, why not put in a character with importance? Like Ike, Black Knight, or Soren? >.>

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I didn't see Ike at all in that trailer. I saw what looked The King of those Beast laguz, and that famous general that had a very minor role in Path of Radience.

Also, I don't know if Ike will be more involved in Brawl, but that was an awesome trailer!

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
Ike isn't in that movie...It's a general he teams up with bagnion from fe9 that you saw.

D

Deleted member

Roy should never be replaced... at least for ever.

He practicaly made Fire Emblem in the west.

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
Wait No His father, Hector , Lyn and a few other units made it hot here plus it was only for japan

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Wait No His father, Hector , Lyn and a few other units made it hot here plus it was only for japan
Actually, the series really didn't really seem to catch on over here until The Sacred Stones in regard to total sales (367,000), and didn't really gain much media attention until Path of Radiance. PoR only sold 244,250 units, but considering vast difference between the number of those who own Gamecubes and GBAs, it was proportionally more successful. I can't seem to find the statistics for the total sales of Fire Emblem (FE7), but I do believe it was somewhere around 150,000. But at any rate, I'm a bit tired of fans blowing the impact of FE7 out of proportion all the time. Sure it was OUR first title, but it was little more than than that. And don't forget, if not for Marth AND Roy's inclusion in SSBM, Fire Emblem would likely be a Japan exclusive to this very day - so we really owe it to those two, not Lyn and the gang, for having Fire Emblem available to Western audiences. Also, there is an excellent fan-translation of FE6 available on the internet (the only unlocalized entry in the series to have a complete English translation so far, as FE4 is still incomplete), so it's not like its beyond our reach like the other currently Japan exclusive titles.

Source: http://www.vgcharts.org/usacomp.php...h+of+Radiance&name2=Fire+Emblem:+Sacred+Stone

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
you know, the only reason he wasin Melee was to advertise the latest Fire Emblem game at the time.
How many times am going to have to bring this up? He was included not only to promote his own game, but to generate interest in the series again as it was on the verge of demise following the overall failure of Thracia 776 and the lead designer leaving IS to develop Tear Ring Saga for the Playstation. Understand people? The series came fairly close to EXTINCTION, as was the case with another classic SRPG series Ogre Battle. Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals marked the return of the legend. People just assume that due to the fact he was featured in SSBM prior to his game's release he was simply an advertisement - a classic example of mere assumption being passed off as "fact"...

Top Bottom