• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I am thinking about picking up falco..

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
as a secondary but I'm not sure...

I main Fox/Samus and I secondary Marth. I tend to have problems with marths for some reason..and I HATE playing falcos..I cry when I have to play falcos..They annoy the crap out of my samus...My marth tends to lose as well...

So I was thinking about picking up falco....I am a very technical player and I am worried about something..Do you think using falco in a tourny would mess up my fox at all? Like I said I am very technical and I don't want to mess up my waveshining or pillaring with fox..because I needed to play falco >_>.I play falco in friendlys sometimes and I don't have any trouble with his techniques at all..I can waveshine fine and pillar easily (its easier then pillaring with fox >_>) When I dair someones sheild I like to double shine then either pillar or full jump a dair into another shine..I love chasing people with dairs and nairs..Shine combos are fun and I love falcos combos overall. Only problem is that sometimes I will misjudge his edgeguarding/recoveryand kill myself because I am used to fox..

I don't know if I should just stick to fox and samus or pick up falco as well >_>.

quak

Smash Champion
well, i remembered where i tryed to pick of fox, and it ****ed up my falco, the opposite could be true i guess.

But many people can play both without one effecting the other at all. It's up to you.

And for future referance, any newbie who asks if he should main someone, or if they want someone else to pick for them, IT'S ALWAYS UP TO YOU.

.....unless you're wondering if you should play marth, then i'd say no.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I already play marth lol. I have played him since the game came out >_>.

quak

Smash Champion
i know, it reminded me that i hated him :p

it's not the falco matchup against marth that i hate, it's the mewtwo one X P

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL. YEah marth rapsies Mewtwo. I am worried about my falco screwing up my fox though...

Dojo

Smash Champion
Some people can, some people can't.
My falco i can pretty much do everything technical pretty well. Waveshine, jcshine, pillar, etc. I try with fox and it isn't gonna happen. My friend on the other hand can play pretty well with both.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Because an elephant could step on the controller, maybe stop and take a nap, and get up a few hours later and still make falco short hop you might get lazy with fox, though that's doubtful.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LOL yeah...the main problem I have is that right after playing falco I feel the need to dair more with fox >_>.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I don't suggest changing your characters unless you really don't like your own characters. Fox/Samus should be fine against anyone. Especially fox haha. Unless you really love falco as a character I suggest just sticking with your characters and mastering them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah...I really don't need to change I guess..but its just that..everytime I do a beautiful 0 to death combo on someone I go.."God I wish I played Faclo"

JMSiebach

Smash Rookie
if you want to pick up falco contact tru=, he's always eager to help and can short-hop laser while running faster than anyone

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I don't need help doing anything technical..I might need to know some more combos and more about falcos match-ups but I am already a very technical player. Pillaring and things like that are easy for me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
well, i remembered where i tryed to pick of fox, and it ****ed up my falco, the opposite could be true i guess.

But many people can play both without one effecting the other at all. It's up to you.

And for future referance, any newbie who asks if he should main someone, or if they want someone else to pick for them, IT'S ALWAYS UP TO YOU.

.....unless you're wondering if you should play marth, then i'd say no.
The Marth quote made me laugh out loud man...
I don't think it will screw up your fox unless your hands get slower which i can't see happening, try playing just falco for a week and then go back to fox and see what happenes

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Falco overall has good match ups, save IC and Peach. Samus has an advantage over IC because they aren't projectile lovers, and for Peach, Samus can get around those turnips with bomb jump recovery (though I'm sure you know everything I'm saying already).

If you have worries about your Falco screwing up your Fox, I'm not gonna lie, it happened to me. I pretty much try to drillshine combo, sh/dj bair/nair, uthrow uair, or upsmash my opponent to death with Fox, and it doesn't really work so well. You also might get confused/mess up on fast falling, I don't really have problems, but it's just something I heard might happen.

Then again this is just my opinion. I think Samus-Falco main/secondary is a good way to go.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Allright well..I am probably going to play falco..I have been watching a bunch of falcos latly..and I sort of look like I play like forward >_>... I just need to soak in more combos. I might be able to handel switching between fox and falco..I'm not positive yet though. And yeah I still hate playing falcos >_>.

technomancer

Smash Champion
Aho runs Falco, Fox, and Marth as mains with no trouble as far as I can tell, and he's pretty accomplished with all 3.

As far as matchups, Fox, Marth, Jiggs, Peach, Falco dittos, and Samus (spam kinda owns her though) are your big concerns when picking up a second. CF's pretty good against all of those 'cept Fox.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not really picking up a second..more like a third..well I guess it is a secondary..since I have two mains..and there is no way I am going to drop fox or samus...My fox is very good agaisnt peachs and sheiks and my samus is really good against space animals but I wanted to use falco just for marth...

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Well if you're only picking up to fight Marth against, I'd recommend against it since it may screw up your Fox. Why not just try to learn Marth for Dittos?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Because I am horrible at Dittos. And I have been playing marth since the game came out and can do everything with him..the hardest thing to possible do is pivot an uptilt...anyways I am probably going to use Falco in pools.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
samus is good against falcos. even forward wont use falco against my friends samus, he uses sheik instead. i think.

simply because samus is hard to combo and her shield -> up b breaks any attempts to pillar at all. her recovery too.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't really matter if you pick up falco or not. Sure he is a good character, but there are plenty of those.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The main reason I want to play falco is because he is so fun and flashy and I am ALL about that lol if you have ever seen my samus play you would know >_>..Tis uber fast.

Top Bottom