• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hyrule Warriors: New Trailers, Characters, and Details!

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Because its always better to Link back to the original source as they are the ones who are both making the game, and made the video. People who rip videos from other accounts, and post it on theirs, are just doing it for the page views.

Give credit to the people who made the video, not to the people who plagiarized it.
Again How do I know which is the original source? there is not something in the description saying from original source Your Confusing Me -v-

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Nintendo has really been stepping up their waifu game lately.

Harem Warriors.

:093:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I do kind of wonder who else could be involved. Seeing as Agitha is in the game, perhaps Darbus could be involved as well.

Since Darbus is a Goron, he could be unique in that he only attacks with his physical strength, and has a stronger defense, which includes reduced damage from Fire-based attacks.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
It'd be so awesome to see Byrne from Spirit Tracks rendered realistically! Maybe he could run enemies over with a train as one of his special attacks.

I've been wanting to see realistic Byrne for a while, but he was killed off, making that unlikely... UNTIL NOW!

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Because its always better to Link back to the original source as they are the ones who are both making the game, and made the video. People who rip videos from other accounts, and post it on theirs, are just doing it for the page views.

Give credit to the people who made the video, not to the people who plagiarized it.
I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
This game needs more Majoras Mask references than just the Moon, and possibly Skull Kid. we need the spirits of the Transformation masks, Mikau, Darmani, and the Deku butlers son, to show up and be playable.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
God...Zelda on this game looks absolutely gorgeous...and here, Sakurai, THIS IS HOW YOU DO ALTERNATE COSTUMES, Skyward Sword Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Zelda, Hyrule Warriors Impa, Lana, Palutena, Wii Fit Trainer, Lucina, the Nintendo waiforce!

And people, calm yourselves, Ganondorf was already teased as a playable character, we're gonna get him!
How do you play RPGs then? Or any PvE-based games while you're at it.

Could be worse. We would have another "Link" that behaves similar as the original one. Like a certain game series we know and love.
You forgot to mention that Toon Link IS THE PROTAGONIST of a Zelda subseries that has probably one of the best games of the entire series (Wind Waker) and that deserves representation, I'll be angry if Toon Link doesn't make it into Hyrule Warriors, that'd be ridiculous.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
It looks beautiful enough but ground/floortextures are still a mess... too blurry to blend in with the rest of the well detailed environment and characters.

I'm still sceptical about HW. It's looking very repetative so far. Better wait for reviews.

Erseric

Smash Rookie
I don't really mind all the girls, then again I'm a guy XD but I think they'll definitely add some more guy characters. I really hope Vaati makes an appearence in this game, we need more big baddies other than Ganon.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
Also, regarding Agitha's inclusion, shes the developers pick.

https://twitter.com/zelda_musou/status/485027811573243906

Apparently, when reviewing potential Zelda characters to be included, 95% of the development team instantly fell in love with her character, due to how adorable she is. She didn't get in because of how obscure she is, or because of her fan base; she got in because the people making the game wanted her to be in.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
In there defense, Link never really has as much male support as he does from females. He is kind of a ladies man. That is not to say that the LoZ series doesn't have suitable male supporting cast. I absolutely HATE Tingle so I'm glade he is not in but..... I'm sure someone would be happy if he made the cut. Skyward Sword is getting a lot of love so I don't see why Groose and Pipit couldn't be playable. I always wanted to play as Ralph from Oracle of Ages. Dampe is a recuring character and it would be funny seeing him smack people with a shovel. Lets not forget Mikau, Darmani, and Deku from Majora's Mask. Zora kung fu with guitar, Goron wrestling with drums, Deku...bubble spitting? Then there are the Sages of Time and they already got one with Impa. Byrne from Spirit Tracks might work but the art style might not match up. Skull Kid and Feirce Deity Link. Zubora and Gobora...just because we have obscure characters like Agatha already.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Forgive me if I sound like a noob, but what do waifu and harem mean?
Waifu is the weebo term for a animated character you would like to marry/declare she is your wife.

A Harem was a place one would got to be pampered by females back in the 1700's Arabia and other Crusade era places of the middle east.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Really looking forward to this. I haven't played many of the Warriors games, but I've enjoyed the ones I have.

Also, I REALLY want a Skyward Sword alt costume for Zelda in Smash.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
There's enough male characters to be added in my opinion:
Darunia, Beedle, Biggoron, King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, Dampé, Groose (lol), those four hyrule soldiers from Telma's bar in twilight princess), Yeto, som Zora character i dunno...

Dad'sHome

Smash Cadet
Look's pretty awesome if you ask me. Hack 'n slash is in my top 3 genres when it comes to gaming, so it's nice to see Nintendo taking a step in that direction with well known characters.

However, exactly because it's Nintendo I'm worried it'll be pandering too much to a younger audience, i.e., the game'll be very easy to complete and won't prove to be much of a challenge to older gamers. After having played through all the God of War games, Dante's Inferno, and the first Darksiders (currently playing through the second one) I don't think I'll ever be really challenged with this game. I'm really hoping that Hyrule Warriors will give you the option of choosing between at least three different difficulty levels.

I also hope they'll have the awesome puzzle-solving parts that LoZ is known for.

Will have to see more gameplay footage, but so far I think it's a buy on my end.

Erseric

Smash Rookie
Waifu is the weebo term for a animated character you would like to marry/declare she is your wife.

A Harem was a place one would got to be pampered by females back in the 1700's Arabia and other Crusade era places of the middle east.
Thanks, thats good to know. I guess Link has plenty of females to pamper him XD.

Jakario

Smash Rookie
If they are bringing in villains from all over it is possible we could get Vaati as well for a villain.

Ezlo tho. A 3d Ezlo tho.

I will never understand how people are genuinely excited for this knowing it's Dynasty Warriors reskinned.

That mindnumbingly repetitive game with its 30+ iterations.
But I dont expect you to believe me, look up ANY review from a credible Game site and see how ****ty it is.
"my opinion is correct because ign agrees with me" Dxxxxxxx

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
We now have Fi's official english gameplay trailer out, if y'all wanna change the videos on the post.

If not thats fine, just thought ya might wanna know.

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
"A WIDE VARIETY OF ZELDA UNIVERSE CHARACTERS!"

Actually Link and a bunch of girls. WHY ARE THERE NO GUY CHARACTERS!!!
WHAT ABOUT TINGLE!?!
WHAT ABOUT SKULL KID!?!
WHAT ABOUT VAATI!?! Hopefully he will at leat be a villain!

I wanted the Hero of Winds to be playable, in a slightly more realistic style.

But that's down the drain with Zelda somehow having the Wind Waker.
THOUGH SOMEHOW THEY'LL THROW IN SEXY TETRA!

Oh well.
I'll just be hoping for a Villains Mode. That way I can play as Ghirahim and Ganondorf. And maybe even Vaati.

whats wrong with female characters?

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
What I will never understand is why people want male/female characters simply for the sake of having male/female characters. Gender is irrelevant.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
whats wrong with female characters?
Nothing.
I like them.

The question is what's wrong with male characters?
Why is literally everyone in the game besides Link female?
You have the whole Zelda series to pull from, and you only take females. That's not really fair to the male characters.

What I will never understand is why people want male/female characters simply for the sake of having male/female characters. Gender is irrelevant.
My point exactly.

There is a whole universe to pull characters from, and they only have females.
There are many great male characters that deserve to be in, but for some reason they are only taking female characters.

Last edited:

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
The Ball and Chain is confirmed, actually.

And I could see a classic Link costume, but I can't really picture a tall Toon Link costume.
Ball and Chain confirmation makes me very happy :) but I'm still iffy on buying the game :/

Yeah that's why I think he'd work better as a separate char. I don't see it happening because Zelda has the Wind Waker, I believe.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
My point exactly.

There is a whole universe to pull characters from, and they only have females.
There are many great male characters that deserve to be in, but for some reason they are only taking female characters.
didn't he say gender is irrelevant. i'm not (dis)agreeing with either of you here, but I don't think that's what he was saying.

Decuss

Smash Rookie
I'm not going to say anything definitive about this game. For all I know this could be a relatively good game. But my expectations for this are not high at all.

Firstly, in both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors franchises the biggest problem faced was the amount of mindless enemies and boring monotonous gameplay. A lot of people believe that this is apart of what hack and slash games are. But come on, if you wanted to play a H&S why not choose something more fun and interesting. Prototype, Ninja Gaiden, f*@#ing Bayonetta for crying out loud. If you ask me, these franchises really do have so much potential but merely scratch the surface with boring and mindless gameplay.

Secondly, people need to stop fanboying over the fact that it's "Zelda" Please try and step back and look at this objectively. "Good frames won't save bad paintings" Don't get me wrong, graphically this looks AMAZING and honestly I'm impressed by the characters that they're bringing into this and even going to the point of having original characters. But all these little details won't make much of a difference if the game is being created off of a franchise that has been known to lack depth and any real lastability.
So yeah.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I'm truly excited for this game. Love that we are having more fun with Zelda games and this is good filler till the next Zelda installment comes out next year.

Tweedle

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to say anything definitive about this game. For all I know this could be a relatively good game. But my expectations for this are not high at all.

Firstly, in both Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors franchises the biggest problem faced was the amount of mindless enemies and boring monotonous gameplay. A lot of people believe that this is apart of what hack and slash games are. But come on, if you wanted to play a H&S why not choose something more fun and interesting. Prototype, Ninja Gaiden, f*@#ing Bayonetta for crying out loud. If you ask me, these franchises really do have so much potential but merely scratch the surface with boring and mindless gameplay.

Secondly, people need to stop fanboying over the fact that it's "Zelda" Please try and step back and look at this objectively. "Good frames won't save bad paintings" Don't get me wrong, graphically this looks AMAZING and honestly I'm impressed by the characters that they're bringing into this and even going to the point of having original characters. But all these little details won't make much of a difference if the game is being created off of a franchise that has been known to lack depth and any real lastability.
So yeah.
Some people enjoy games just because of the fact that it is (Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc ) and that's good enough for them. This game looks really interesting and I'm getting really tired of people who see boring game play and assume everyone else seems the same (not talking about you just people on here in general). I hardly consider a game themed as Zelda as "the frame".

Eh idk I'm excited for it.

Last edited:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Huh, kind of a Super Smash Hyrule, except not really. Looks cool but I think I'll give it a miss, I don't expect to do well in a game like that - en mass battle, I'm still getting used to Zelda gameplay proper.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
This game holds so much potential. There could be a Link playstyle where he uses the masks from Majora's Mask. The Happy Mask Salesman, Skull Kid, Tingle, Groose, Beetle, Sheik(Zelda playstyle or separate character), etc. I hope they capitalize on the potential this game has.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
This game holds so much potential. There could be a Link playstyle where he uses the masks from Majora's Mask. The Happy Mask Salesman, Skull Kid, Tingle, Groose, Beetle, Sheik(Zelda playstyle or separate character), etc. I hope they capitalize on the potential this game has.
That sounds nice and all but what about the gameplay?

Top Bottom