• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hydrant "Hit points" vary

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
The hydrant's HP seems to change each round. Some rounds I can bare it right away and it goes flying.. Other times I need to bair and then forward tilt... All unstale... not sure why this is happening.. Anyone know?

Last edited:

Splice

Smash Hero
Maybe it's the part of the hydrant you are hitting or the height that the hit is connecting?
It would suck if it's randomg @_@

ptrk83

PRiDE
NNID
X-ptrk83-X
^ no. I know how to hit it with the sweet spot. Sometimes it just doesn't break.

Bumbler

Smash Rookie
I was under the impression that you can only break the hydrant with a "fresh" bair (105% damage), so if you hit the opponent player with a bair then it loses it's extra damage and won't 1-shot the hydrant until it resets to fresh status. This is why it doesn't work in training mode, because move always do 100% damage in training

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks
Varying hydrant HP would make sense, but I don't think I fully believe it yet, in the Japanese tech video it seems like this guy has full control over it http://youtu.be/H62WUC2eHPo?t=4m23s

I can't read Japanese, but at some point there it says 11.8%. Weird :/

C_I_N

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9843-3785
I was under the impression that you can only break the hydrant with a "fresh" bair (105% damage), so if you hit the opponent player with a bair then it loses it's extra damage and won't 1-shot the hydrant until it resets to fresh status. This is why it doesn't work in training mode, because move always do 100% damage in training
I believe this is right, sweet spot unstale does the damage needed to 1 shot.

Nintendan

Smash Rookie
As a quick BTW, fresh dairing the hydrant won't stale it, so you can drop as many hydrants and knock them away as long as you don't hit anyone with your dair.

Top Bottom