• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Hurtbox Shifting & Instant Momentum Cancel

Luigi player

Smash Master
and what is the hurtbox shifting of bayonetta, cloud and corrin?
From my tests for the Survival Ranking of characters only doublejump helped (for Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta).

tested with 2 different moves to KO them

Mewtwos Backthrow (KO%):
:4bayonetta:Bayonetta: 114 % (doublejump 116 %)
:4cloud:Cloud: 124 % (doublejump 125 %) [limit doesn't help]
:4corrin:Corrin: 122 % (doublejump 125 %)

Luigis Backthrow (KO%):
:4corrinf:Corrin: 125 % (doublejump 129)
:4cloud:Cloud: 128 % (limit or doublejump 129 %)
:4bayonetta:Bayonetta: 113 % (doublejump 115 %)
I didn't find an aerial that helped them, only their doublejump... I think I only tested aerials where I thought they could help (mostly fair), depending on how they move. But LGameTales found uair for Corrin. Just tested it and it's true. It helps Corrin survive longer.

Mewtwos Backthrow (KO%):
:4corrin:Corrin: 122 % (uair 124 %, doublejump 125 %)

In this case it helped to die 2 % later. Gotta have to update my survival ranking thread...

And with Luigis Backthrow (KO%):
:4corrinf:Corrin: 125 % (uair 128 %, doublejump 129 %)

Hi all. Recently I started experimenting with airdodging and how it influences survivability. Though detrimental when launched horizontally, it has proven to be exceptional when dealing with vertical knockback. Some characters will actually survive a percent or two longer if they mash airdodge when being sent to the ceiling, while others will die sooner, and though some players seem to be aware of this fact, no easily discoverable table existed displaying the survivability results of every character mashing airdodge. So, I tested all the characters in a high knockback situation, posted a short video about it, and compiled all the results:

+2%
:4luigi:

+1%

:4mario: :4drmario: :4bowserjr: :4dk: :4diddy: :4gaw:
:4kirby: :4jigglypuff: :4villager:

0%

Everyone Else

-1%
:4peach: :rosalina: :4zelda: :4zss: :4pit: :4darkpit:
:4marth: :4lucina: :4lucario: :4greninja::4falcon: :4wiifit:
:4sonic: :4mewtwo: :4corrin: :4bayonetta:

-2%
:4pacman: :4feroy:

(The cause is probably the same as mashing jump while flying toward a side blast line, so I thought it appropriate to include it in this thread.)
That's really interesting! Nice find.

Just tried to test this and it seems like it only matters at pretty high %s mostly. Like you did with Sonics uthrow without rage. It won't help against Mewtwos uthrow for example (not for unstaled at least) on omega BF [KOs Luigi at ~129 %], because, like I mentioned somewhere else in the thread, you don't get out of hitstun before dying to even get any move (in this case airdodge) off. But it'll likely work for some weaker moves that KO pretty late like some utilts or something, or on normal Battlefield since it has a high ceiling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom