• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hunting for Custom Moves

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Did anyone find out what is the Duck Hunt's Custom Moves and can tell us the differences between them?

Booster

Smash Lord
These moves seem very useless, they look cool but I don't seem them being as useful as the custom moves for other characters or for that matter default moves. If someone can find a use for them tell me please and don't be rude.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
These moves seem very useless, they look cool but I don't seem them being as useful as the custom moves for other characters or for that matter default moves. If someone can find a use for them tell me please and don't be rude.
The alternating explosive can would be very useful for tricks and traps. As long as you can perfect your timing and predict enemy movement, it will make a very good keep away/stage control move. I'm looking to use this one, personally. The other one is just a bigger and quicker explosion.

The alternate gunsmen don't seem all that useful, though it was mentioned that the big ones worked like shields.

I can't see much with the disk either, I'll probably stick to the default on these two moves.

One recovery is basically the same as the normal one, but with damage and slightly less range. Depends on if you care more for that tiny bit of damage, or that tiny bit of extra recovery. The other one is basically a fixed, but quicker recovery.

Though the disk ones don't change much, it looks to be a useful move overall. The gunsmen really depend on if you prefer speed, power, or defense, the recovery is similar. The can has the best custom option in terms of playstyle.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm... I wanted DHD to have a recovery like Pit... out of these custom up special moves, I only like the biting one. Maybe they need to buff this move in SSB5?

I'll have to try out these custom moves... I like the tin can moves the best... the gunmen were meh... a giant gunman? I'd rather they put in the Hogan's Alley cardboard cutouts instead of a giant gunman... and the hunter shoots the cutout when the opponent gets too close... and so the opponent would have to jump over the cutout... more stage control, you know?

Booster

Smash Lord
The alternating explosive can would be very useful for tricks and traps. As long as you can perfect your timing and predict enemy movement, it will make a very good keep away/stage control move. I'm looking to use this one, personally. The other one is just a bigger and quicker explosion.

The alternate gunsmen don't seem all that useful, though it was mentioned that the big ones worked like shields.

I can't see much with the disk either, I'll probably stick to the default on these two moves.

One recovery is basically the same as the normal one, but with damage and slightly less range. Depends on if you care more for that tiny bit of damage, or that tiny bit of extra recovery. The other one is basically a fixed, but quicker recovery.

Though the disk ones don't change much, it looks to be a useful move overall. The gunsmen really depend on if you prefer speed, power, or defense, the recovery is similar. The can has the best custom option in terms of playstyle.
I'm gonna stick to the basic moves, maybe experiment with the Bite Recovery. Out of all the Newcomers, DHD probably has the worst customs, but I'm grateful there are custom moves and most of the other characters have great ones such as Mario turning Fludd into a Flamethrower of Death and his Jump Punch becoming Luigi's Jump Punch!

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I feel like the standard is best for Neutral and Side Special, definately for Side Special. The rest are up to debate, matchup and preference.

Definately not useless. Except for the Side Specials. But these need more testing, like all of his moves.

Booster

Smash Lord
I feel like the standard is best for Neutral and Side Special, definately for Side Special. The rest are up to debate, matchup and preference.

Definately not useless. Except for the Side Specials. But these need more testing, like all of his moves.
I like the recovery moves though, You can have one that works similar to Snake's Recovery, An immediate jump or one that drags opponents upwards

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I really don't think you're seeing just how strong the zigzag can is. It goes through enemies and does not explode on first contact, yet still deals potent knockback. Meaning...you're zoning with one can that you can keep using while you run around. That's -insane-. The single explosion single direction can is worse because you can't really "control" where it goes except forward, and it explodes the second it hits the other guy, so you shield it and it's done.

But the biting upB is useful if you have to recover vs characters with above average edgeguards.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Eh.... I don't think they are better or worse than anyone else's so far. I only read through all the Pokemon custom's today and this seems to be on equal footing with them.

Statement on side specials: These are absolutely not useless, and I think the actual in-game competitive factor of them is being lost with the comments in this thread.
The gunman: You have one custom which has virtually no lag, that is fantastic in a competition. You have one which acts as a shield and even has an at attack, although it is slow and a poor hit box.

The recovery options seem just about identical to Charizard's, except DH cannot be hit in his speedy high one, so it looks to be a bit better (and he can control his flight).
The initial can definitely offers much variation on playstyle, doesn't appear to even need to be commented on.

Honestly his customs look pretty good to me. I could not see the Clay Pigeon in the slightest on that screen, though.

Last edited:

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Nice job Ninjalink, good to see someone with actual recording software doing it (instead of just my ****ty webcam). :)

Top Bottom