• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

huh, these bombs have..quite a bit of knockback

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
I was bored one day while in the waiting room for online and I was throwing some bombs at myself. Eventually it got to the point to where some DI'ing moved TL around a bit from the explosion knockback. So I played a bit with some things and got to the point of around 120% damage (I went and did it in practice mode) and I was able to effectively launch myself across the stage. I figured it would be useful for when you have high damage and if you happen to have a bomb out, you can escape an attack that could potentially KO you.

What you do is short hop, c-stick down to throw the bomb and then QUICKLY (immediately after you throw the bomb) hold the control stick in what direction you want to move. Reason I say use the C-stick is because you have to do it fairly quickly and with this you can just slide your thumb down from the x/y buttons and hit the c-stick. You can do it as well without jumping, but you don't get as much of an effect.

It's easy to recover out of the explosion damage as well. Wiggling, downthrust, etc. I'd like to try and see if I can get the down thrust glitch to work out of this (the one where you freeze in the air after doing a jump).

Just figured I'd share this =)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
lol hitting yourself to get out of the way of an attack.
Ummm.. I can see how this could work as an option although there are better ones.
Downthrust thing shouldn't be hard.

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
Yea, it does seem stupid to hit yourself out of the way, but would you rather take the full force of Ike's smash attack or a bomb? haha. It's a last resort type of thing, really.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
What you have discovered is creative, I like it. I use TL for my bombing style(thus my name). I love bombing people, I'll try it and if I succeed I will use it. Thanks. I use bombs for just about everything when I fight lol. They do come in handy, of course I do get hurt by them, but why should I care? I love to use them way too much to care.

Neutron Vappy

Smash Rookie
thing is though.. wouldn't people rather throw that bomb in Ike's face while he's charging up the smash attack? Considering the time it would take to pull the bomb out, he probably would have attacked you already, unless he was charging it up. It's a good trick, but the idea that someone wouldn't attack you before you could escape is a little.. stupid. And as you said, it should be a last resort thing anyways.
Good thoughts though.

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
Well I've recently been using it it get across the stage quicker. Like when knocking an opponent across it, I'm sure I'm not the only on here who wants to get to the other side before your opponent can recover. There are also cases where your edge guarding and your opponent goes to high for you to reach. I could see this being used there as well if you're quick enough to give yourself some extra jump height (which it does, I've gone MUCH higher with this than with standard 3 jumps)

Top Bottom