• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HRC: Waddle Dee, you are the BEST.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
I was going the home run contest with King Dedede, m'kay?
So the first thing I did was jump up five times and throw a Waddle Dee.
I waited a few seconds until the timer hit '1'. Then I used an uncharged forward smash, hitting Sandbag. He landed right next to Waddle Dee, who jumped up and hit Sandbag backwards!
(39.9 ft.! NEWWWW RECORRDDDD!)

I got a replay, too. :D

I tried doing the same thing, except with Waddle Doo. I couldn't quite get Sandbag to take the full brunt of the beam, though, so I gave up.

... This feat just doesn't sound as great in words. I wish I had a way to record.

Bozen

Smash Apprentice
I was going the home run contest with King Dedede, m'kay?
So the first thing I did was jump up five times and throw a Waddle Dee.
I waited a few seconds until the timer hit '1'. Then I used an uncharged forward smash, hitting Sandbag. He landed right next to Waddle Dee, who jumped up and hit Sandbag backwards!
(39.9 ft.! NEWWWW RECORRDDDD!)

I got a replay, too. :D

I tried doing the same thing, except with Waddle Doo. I couldn't quite get Sandbag to take the full brunt of the beam, though, so I gave up.

... This feat just doesn't sound as great in words. I wish I had a way to record.
What... :confused:

How do these people keep making threads.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Did you not notice the home run bat available for use?

...Though actually, when Melee came out I never noticed the bat until a friend pointed it out.

But yeah, 39 feet is absolutely nothing.

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I notice the home run bat. And I realize that 40 feet is pretty much nothing (You can get, what, 1800 feet with any character just by throwing the bat around and then doing a tipper?).

Hell, without the Waddle Dee, you get 67.7 feet with the uncharged forward smash (Waddle Dee hit Sandbag backwards).

I just thought what I did really ridiculous and funny, but when I know think about it, nobody would really care.

Wyvern

Smash Journeyman
Never underestimate those Waddle Dees. They do know how to take the initiative every once in a while.

A long time back, I remember watching a match between Dedede and someone else (I can't recall who the second character was). The guy was up to like 170% on his last stock, but the Dedede couldn't land the killing blow for some reason. He threw a bunch of Waddle Dees, but they all got shielded. Then, after the Dedede gave up on that, one of the previously thrown Waddle Dees, completely of its own volition, decides to body-slam the guy out of nowhere. He goes hurtling off the stage and gets KO'd instantly, losing the match.

It was pretty much the greatest thing any of us had ever seen. Who knew that those little guys could pack so much punch all on their own?

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Explain. Why is this a bad thread? At least then you'll convince me to not make any more threads.

Geist

Smash Master
um... because it only exists to waste people's time? 0.o
that's a good reason. If you're going to make one, make it somehow useful.

Geist

Smash Master
I guess I'm bitter from the hundreds of random threads that are appearing on the brawl forums as of late.
I think you would have to agree that after 30 joke threads they just aren't funny anymore =/

Grandeza

Smash Master
I agree but I wouldn't consider it a joke thread. I see where your coming from but I think this is an ok thread compared to our recent threads.

Fish13srg

Smash Rookie
I think it's hilarious, and a completely legitimate use of those thirty seconds of my life.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Hey, this thread is just a guy sharing a funny story with us. Can it be all that bad?

But nice job! I never knew Waddle Dees are so powerful. Maybe I should try that next time in HRC...

ipreferpi

Smash Apprentice
Apparently no one loves Waddle Dee.

But on a separate note, I just had another fun moment with HRC and Waddle Dee!
At the very beginning I hit Sandbag with a down tilt. Then I threw a Waddle Dee at him. I walked up and attempted to use another attack, but Dedede automatically picks up the Waddle Dee and throws him again because of ******** mechanics. So I just go along with the flow and keep picking him up and throwing him at Sandbag. Eventually the platform barrier breaks and I end up with 0.0 feet. But I threw Waddle Dee one last time, hitting Sandbag into somewhere around 8 feet. Then Waddle Dee walked up and body slammed Sandbag into 25.8 feet.
I laughed.

*runs away*

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I will not lie, I have been KO'd by a Waddle Dee once. I was 156% damage with Pikachu on Corneria. Since the fin of the ship makes you closer to orbit, the Waddle Dee clumsily tackled me into the horizon. It was the most hilarous thing I have ever seen. Kudos to you, Waddle Dee... Kudos...

Top Bottom