• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HPS files wont loop?

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
So I read the tutorial and all, and inputted it correctly, the sound and the hacks sound great. I injected L's theme from Deathnote anime into battlefield and works great, but at teh end of the song which is exactly 179:408 or about 3 minutes, the loop doesnt go. I thought all the songs were supposed to loop?:c

woonkill

Smash Rookie
Remember with the code that Godfed supplied that the number on the very right indicates how many seconds have elapsed before the current block starts playing. You probably have to go back one offset and change the values of that block instead of the one you were working on

Leviathan741

Smash Ace
Remember with the code that Godfed supplied that the number on the very right indicates how many seconds have elapsed before the current block starts playing. You probably have to go back one offset and change the values of that block instead of the one you were working on
To be honest I dont really know what you are talking about. I used the guide that was the "easy one" by someone which made it much easier to understand. With that guide I followed everything exactly, but it does not loop. When the song is done, its done and its blank.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Assuming you're using the Command Prompt window and the format

hps_insert [song].hps
.wav
.wav

the bunch of numbered nonsense the Command Prompt window spits out is actually telling you the loop points in your music file... Almost every individual music file has unique looping points; you cannot use the same time offsets for each file, naturally.

If you do what I do, I just make extended versions of my songs until they reach the very end of the music file, and loop it back to whatever point I want after it hits the bottom of the file.

By chance, what music file are you editing...? hyaku.hps ?​

Top Bottom