• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How's my Jigglypuff?

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I'd like to see what the Jiggz community felt about my Jigglypuff. I appreciate any and all comments regarding my playing style with Jigglypuff.

Here are some videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=90k4hE7WgeE vs. Fox
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yB2LRnPYKoE vs. Kirby
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ykP-15bmgPI vs. Shiek/Zelda
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbRM3FvYqF4 vs. Shiek/Zelda

Thanks very much! :)

P.S. Dair to Rest aren't in any of these videos because I was unaware of its usefulness in battle until just recently... =/

TheStig

Smash Lord
I'm no pro or anything but I can try to give some advice from watching the first video. It seems that you were on the ground a lot. I would focus on using aerials instead of dash attack or fsmash to rack up damage. Also try not to roll too much when u are on the ground. Suicide rest was nice though.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
First vid was so unlucky with the rest at the end =P. I'd say youare a good jiggs player but there's a difference between good and great =/ try to practice your aerial game, jigglypuff's 'wall of pain' technique is what makes it feared by most players (I'm refering to jigglypuff as an asexual creature for this by the way =P). Try to learn some combos, even 2/3 hit combos can be devastating when done correctly. Aerial game is a must though so keep at it =). Psy.

Nato.

Smash Cadet
I'm about your level but I have a different playstyle, so what I have to say :

-Nice Edgeguarding (Lucky) (all video)
-You know Jiggly's aerial limits well (all video)
-Good AirDodge & Sidestep Mastery (all video)
-But you tend to jump into multi hit moves (video 1-2-4)
-(De)Space yourself more (Stay in melee low range since your opponent have a longer range (if your opponent doesn't have a step ahead on his next move) ) (all video)
-Too much ground approach (video 1-2)
-You can footstool jump people more often (video 2)
-You can prepare a rollout more often and learn to turn it around before hitting your opponent to mindgame them (all video)
-Use high knockback moves (Pound, Rollout) for your first hit (opponent at 0%) or they will strike back (video 3)
-Don't approach Zelda from the top (video 3)
-Nice finishing (video 4)

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Ah, I see. So I should step it up in the aerial game department, I need to back off with the ground approaches, and work on some spacing issues. And yes, by no means I am pro >_<

Haha and I still can't get over that Rest in the first video =/ lol

MaNg0

Smash Hero
okok

U won the first match in my heart <333333333333

and on fd u should do rollout more and wait for then to double jump

my puff used 2 play like this in the beggining

ive been doing ALOT of dairs and nairs

Dair 2 grab does like 30 percent

30!!! PERCENT!!!!!

and nair just *****

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
lol thanks for the **** advice, Mango :D Yeah, that match should've been mine lol >.>

So, anything else I should know about? That "mortar slide-ish" Up-Smash thingy is pretty tight. I caught some of my other friends off guard with it, and they called me a hacker because they said wavedashing is no longer in the game. XD

Lid

Smash Apprentice
Trick out your opponent a little more, do a little more floating around and space out the fairs, nairs etc.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I would just like to say that Dair to Rest alone makes Jigglypuff a force to be reckoned with.

Thanks for all the critiques so far, btw! You guys truly did help! Puff players ftw! :D

Top Bottom