• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would u feel if they never made the GC controler adapter?

Spirst

Yeah, I'd buy it and get used to something else like the classic controller but I wouldn't be very pleased.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'd probably just use the Classic Controller, but I only have one and they're expensive nowadays.

Everyone else is going to have to use the Wii Remote + Nunchuck :p

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
I have a Wii U Pro Controller, two Classic Controllers, and one GamePad. I'm fine.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I had this for a backup

I ended up kinda looking silly as a result after the official adapter came out as I kinda jumped the gun. But then again my Brawl file had been moved to the Wii U. And I got the Mayflash thing to play Brawl/Project M with the Gamecube Controller. As the adapter won't be out until the Wii U version of Smash is out as well.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I bought the Classic Controller Pro 3 years ago to prepare for Smash 4 and find it more comfortable than the Gamecube Controller thanks to my custom controls, so I'd be just fine.

Having the adapter just gives me even more options. ¦)

KaZe_DaRKWIND

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5043-2124-2144
I'd laugh at all the people who would come here and say pre-order cancelled and such.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I honestly wouldn't have cared that much. It's nice to be able to use one, but I feel like people are too dependent on having the same control style. Smash without a GC controller would have been...different, but cool to see others adapt to using it.

GideonSmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gideon1999
I'm not even gonna buy the gamecube adapter/controller :p I'm fine with the gamepad/wiimotes... Maybe I will buy a pro controller though.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
I wouldn't really care since I have a WiiU Pro Controller. Which I've always been planning on using for Sm4sh. Yes the GC controller is perfect for smash. But I think the pro controller is just as compatible for my needs.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I honestly wouldn't care, besides I prefer the classic controller.

lami

Smash Journeyman
It wouldn't really affect me too much, tbh. I didn't expect them to make an adapter in the first place so I was prepared to learn how to play with the pro controller. But I am grateful for the adapter :)

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I know a lot of people probably would tho. Would you even buy the game?
I know that feel, man. I dropped melee because there was no N64 controller option.

Last edited:

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
I hate playing Smash with a Classic Controller Pro so I guess I'd have to purchase some Pro Controllers. I'm sure I'd be able to play well with a Pro controller but I'm glad we've been given the option to use Gamecube controllers. Not just for tourney reasons either, the adapter could be used for playing the Wii games, virtual console games and future Wii U titles.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
If I ever get the Wii U version (probably will down the road), I'm probably going to use the Wii U controllers (and the Wii U Classic pro controllers), I've always adapted to whatever controller the next console brings.

Only way I'll ever use a GC controller is if I run out of controllers to use (or they wear out).

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I dont care, I still might get it but im fine playing smash with something other than a GC controller x3

Raijinken

Smash Master
I would be far less likely to get the system, and would probably just stick with the 3DS version. It would basically remove any urgency I feel to get a U.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Gamepad, best controller Nintendo has ever made, the GCN's tiny and flimsy and it has that godawful C-Stick.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I've grown accustomed to the Wiimote+Nunchuck way. And I'll probably grow to liking the Gamepad/Pro Controller too. So many options already, what's one less?

King Radical

Smash Rookie
I'm actually planning on using the Wii U Pro controller anyway. I have no attachment to the Gamecube controller at all. Been playing PM exclusively on Dolphin with a 360 controller for a long time and I'm totally accustomed to that so I feel like the Pro Controller is going to be an easy adjustment (now not being able to jump cancel out of quickdraw? Thats going to take some adjustment).

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Playing on the wiiu, I switched over to the classic controller, though I can play with a wiimote and nunchuck with ease, my friends aren't as used to the transition. Now my friends and I won't have to share the classic controller. We all got a couple gamecube controllers lying around.

The GC controller is the fight stick of smash, after making the last 3 games compatible with it ya can't just stop now. Glad I won't have to shell out for one of them pro controllers. Though I probably will if they make some sorta pro controller with a smash design on it...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I had this for a backup

I ended up kinda looking silly as a result after the official adapter came out as I kinda jumped the gun. But then again my Brawl file had been moved to the Wii U. And I got the Mayflash thing to play Brawl/Project M with the Gamecube Controller. As the adapter won't be out until the Wii U version of Smash is out as well.
I have the same thing. I still use it for eShop games that support the Classic Controller, though.

firewingpegasus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NanaSuki
3DS FC
0731-4761-5838
I had this for a backup

Same here, I bought a few of these.

I also had forced myself to learn to play with a classic pro, with buttons switched to make more sense... b = a, y = b, and a and x for jumps. The Wii U Pro would be the same, except for having to get used to the right stick being on top. I'm glad I did that because thanks to it, I'll have absolutely no problem playing the 3DS version. The demo in its default settings is another story >_>.

Anyway, if the adapter hadn't come out, I wouldn't have had any problem. It's very much appreciated, though. There's nothing like a GCN controller for Smash ^_^

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Would have just used the Wii U Pro controller....but I do appreciate the nostalgia of using a GC controller since that's the game pad I've been using since Melee (2001).

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I play Project M with a Classic Controller.
I thoroughly enjoy the Wii U Pro Controller.
But the GameCube controller's just that perfect controller for Smash Bros.
So I was prepared to do without it, but it's a great addition.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I'm sure they would've designed a Bluetooth gamecube styled controller n charge $50 like the pro controller

NintendoPSX

Smash Journeyman
I'd just adapt and use the Pro Controller. Digital triggers might be better for shielding anyways! :D

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Actually, when Nintendo first announced Smash 4, that was when I started using the Classic Controller, since Wii U, GC controllers were most likely not going to be used, so I got used to a new controller. And now Nintendo comes out with the GC adapter . . . ah, well.

I still think that the GC controller is one of the most overhyped controllers out there though.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
If that were to be the case, it would be frustrating worrying about it at first round, but I may end up using the Wii U Pro Controller for the latest Smash instead. It'll take me some time to get used to its controls though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I was already considering playing the game with the Wii U Pro Controller, even without the GameCube controller adapter so it wouldn't matter to me either way.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I'm going to stick to the ol' fashioned Game Pad, as it has the same exact layout as a 3DS's buttons, with an added C-stick (Right analog stick on Wii U gamepad), and extra back bumpers. It's going to be my Smash stick til I can get my money for a Pro Controller.

Top Bottom