• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How would 2.0 affect Link?

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
If 2.0 becomes an official subtype of Brawl, how do you guys think it'll affect Link's game? I see L-Canceling improving things greatly, but I just thought I'd ask.

Also, if 2.0 becomes "offical", are people gonna stick with Brawl or make the jump?

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
I dunno, the problem with it becoming Official is, the movement would have to compete with the BAN mk movement. The only way it would become legitimate is if you had people running tournaments, posting tournament results, and large numbers of people playing at these tournaments with the 2.0 stuff. Also, these tournaments would probably compete with Melee tourneys, and this would really piss people off, so I do not believe the 2.0 will get big.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
A topic similarly made already proved that Link would be better in Brawl+.

I agree with the above post that Brawl+ can compete with Melee just for the fact that it'll be a game that actually feels like a sequel. However, if this is the case, wouldn't that be a good thing?

Brawl and Brawl+ would co-exist simply because there is high doubt that Brawl+ will ever be that big in popularity outside of the true competitive gamers. So yes, people would make the jump, but Brawl would still be alive.

MattV1

Smash Apprentice
^ I mean the hacks; at the time I posted this threat, I hadn't seen Brawl+ anywhere, while I'd seen the term 2.0 used.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Not if 2.0 allows me to recovery like I could in melee.

If 2.0 allows me to clawshot the bottom of FD like melee I will be set.

Even if 2.0 allows me to bomb jump. I'll still be set....

Anything can happen in 2.0

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

I agree completely.

Too bad I'm staying with Brawl.

-Ter

Mith_

Smash Champion

no.

all brawl 2.0 is is brawl w/ melee hacks.

and its called brawl+

Top Bottom