• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will you prepare for the 21st or 28th/29th of November

the8thark

Smash Lord
How will you prepare for the 21st or 28th/29th of November?
Is there any rituals you do when you receive a new game you really want to play? Like precook all your food so you don't lose game time to cook. Or maybe you will have a smash party with your friends? Who knows, the possibilities are endless.

How you celebrate these glorious days?

PS. This topic is region neutral, and people from all regions will be treated fairly.

FireOfExile

Smash Cadet
NNID
fireofexile
3DS FC
2363-5961-4897
When I get a new game I usually sneak it into bed for the 8 hours I'm supposed to be sleeping, and I constantly bother my friends about it. I try to get all of my friends to play it with me but I have a lot of stuff going on the 21st and the 22nd so that might have to wait a while this time.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I eat a bowl of earthworms to get my nutrition for intense battling.

Chibij

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChibiJ
3DS FC
2707-1667-1987
Used my last vacation day...gonna make sure to pre download this game...and probably get me some pizza to enjoy for the night

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Get some dank ass weed
Invite my friends over
Smoke said weed
Order some Chinese
Kick back and play the ultimate Super Smash Brothers

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
I am literally pre-cooking my food as I write this :p I shall be making some homemade spaghetti followed by rice and meatballs. I also booked the whole week off of work so I will be streaming the crap out of the game its gonna be fun times!

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
SMASH TOUR SMASH TOUR HD HD HD HD HD SMASH TOUR SMASH TOUR 8-PLAYER SMASH 8-PLAYER SMASH 8-PLAYER SMASH CO-OP CLASSIC AMIIBO AMIIBO AMIIBO AMIIBO
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! TOOOO MUUUCCHHHH!!!!

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
16th- 20th : Self induced coma.
9pm Est - 11pm : Peruse smashboards, indiscriminately adding NNIDs.
11pm - 11:30pm : distraction via google incognito.
11:30pm - 12:00am : stare at clock.
12:03 am : Mark out!

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
1. Get over this DANG COLD I HAVE!
2. Plan how I'm going to actually get to Gamestop (I can't drive)
3. SMASH

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Just paid for Smash and Alpha Sapphire fully a couple days ago so I can just pick 'em up and leave after work on Friday. Hype!

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
1. Notice how I live in Egypt
2. Notice how I have a european Wii U
3. Notice how I have to wait 2 weeks after the release
4. Go to bed
5. Cry
6. Repeat Step 5 to 6

the8thark

Smash Lord
1. Notice how I live in Egypt
2. Notice how I have a european Wii U
3. Notice how I have to wait 2 weeks after the release
4. Go to bed
5. Cry
6. Repeat Step 5 to 6
I live in Australia and get the game a few hours after you do. But this is not the place to be salty. There are other places to do that.
You need to get over it as much as the NA people who brag need to get over that too.

On the 28th I'll sleep a lot so I'm awake on the 29th. I'll cook some food early in the morning and have it ready, and I'll rock up to EB games at 9am, pick up the game, collectors edition guide and Link Amiibo. When I get home I'll quickly swipe in the Link Amiibo into Hyrule Warriors and try out the spinner weapon. Then I'll turn off my WiiU and read the collectors edition guide for I guess one hour. Then I'll turn the WiiU back on and plat SSB WiiU all day.

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Step 1:
Realize that I haven't gotten a Wii U yet

Step 2:
Get enough money to go do that

Step 3:
Get enough money to get Smash Bros. U

Step 4:
Also try for getting Smash Bros. 3D to not worry about that while waiting for the New 3DS <And so I can get the Soundtrack CDs and Mewtwo when the time comes for that.>

Step 5:

D

Deleted member 269706

Get some dank *** weed
Invite my friends over
Smoke said weed
Order some Chinese
Kick back and play the ultimate Super Smash Brothers
Did this last night with Smash 3DS...blissful

Jackaraia

Smash Cadet
Friday Night I'm having a bunch of people over and we're having 1 dollar tournaments for 64/Melee/and Wii U. If we have time in any of the old ones, we'll do a doubles one as well. It's starts at 8pm and is scheduled to go to 5:30am.

Gonna be a fun little sleepover Smash Party.

Portanix

Smash Cadet
I have already invited 7 people to my house. I pre-ordered the game and I hopefully get a controller adapter at the local videogame market. We will do a huge Smashfest with a ****load of food and alcohol. Damn, this will be fun.

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I live in Australia and get the game a few hours after you do. But this is not the place to be salty. There are other places to do that.
You need to get over it as much as the NA people who brag need to get over that too.

On the 28th I'll sleep a lot so I'm awake on the 29th. I'll cook some food early in the morning and have it ready, and I'll rock up to EB games at 9am, pick up the game, collectors edition guide and Link Amiibo. When I get home I'll quickly swipe in the Link Amiibo into Hyrule Warriors and try out the spinner weapon. Then I'll turn off my WiiU and read the collectors edition guide for I guess one hour. Then I'll turn the WiiU back on and plat SSB WiiU all day.
Woah.... Woah! That's some zen master like self control you got there buddy.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Project M Subspace Emissary Intense

rip in pieces me

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Before the 21th I'll sleep early to wake up the next morning and run to buy OR, take like two or three cups of coffee and go to a friend's house, to play 8 PLAYER CHAOS while eating some pizza.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Holding a party on Saturday so I have the unfortunate curse of waiting a day before getting to play it. ;_;

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I took Friday off so I'm ready. Will have a friend come over at some point during the day but I'll be playing game at midnight as well, probably solo. :(

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
1. get some new friends
2.get together
3.play the **** out of it.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Since Smash comes out on my Birthday,

1.) Play Smash
2.) Eat some birthday cake and pizza while playing Smash
3.) Play some more Smash
4.) Pull a possible All Nighter with Smash
5.) Crash out and dream about Smash

:yeahboi:

Last edited:

rbd

Smash Rookie
1) Preload the game so my housemates and I can start playing at midnight
2) Play until the nearest store opens at 7am
3) Go get the gamecube adapter and some new controllers
4) Go back home and play as long as physically possible

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Just gonna kill time playing various games, mostly Mario Kart 8 (thanks, DLC Pack 1) and Project M (3.5 is kinda neat, not liking some of the changes though). Then when I get out of work on the day before the launch I'll go up to my GameStop to wait for the game.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Get up early so I can drive into town and get the game along with some Baja Blast from Taco Bell, come home and play it till I have to get ready to go to work. Then hopefully play it all night with my brother if I get Saturday off.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I have begun preparations already for this momentous occasion. It is not often a new entry in the Smash Bros. series is released.

My grandma that hails from Tibet already has our ceremonial mountain lamb skinned; it is currently being marinated in a vat of various Tibetan spices and herbs. It has been so for the past month. Tomorrow, Monday, she will begin slow cooking the animal on a spit. It will take two men to spear the animal on the spit, but my grandma will tend to it over the course of the week. A 20 degree rotation is necessary every 40 minutes for our lamb to be blessed by the good Tibetan spirits. If we fail at this, the lamb must be taken apart at every limb and buried in the four cardinal directions, with the body in the center to represent the unity of the Earth. To please the spirits, we must then fast for 2 weeks, all we would be allowed to eat is, as our holy book states, "the crumbs of the ants and the drink of fleas." However my grandma has tended to several mountain lamb spit roasts before and therefore we have faith in her.

The women of my tribe have been sewing and making various spiritual items for the day. One item is a mighty horn, which will be blown by the seven elders of our tribe in turn at every sunrise. It is then that we bow and pray towards the East, for this is where Smash Bros. was created. The quilts the women have made are adorned upon our simple adobe buildings and feature primal drawings of the characters of Smash Bros. Our Zero Suit Samus quilt is an object of adoration, for instance, as it is seen as the physical manifestation of the spirit of child bearing and femininity. On the contrary, the falcon carved out of moose bone is a symbol of fertility and strength.

Our children are not left to idle around, either. They have went into the Tibetan wilderness for the past three months to gather berries. We are in need and of 400 berries of each variety that is native to our hallowed lands. Once gathered and dried, they are crushed into a fine powder and mixed with yak's bile to form a paste. This paste is then frozen and then thawed, let to sit in the rays of a 6 o'clock sun for a total of 10 days (they do not have to be consecutive) and then left to sit in great vats for use on the day of Smash Bros.'s arrival.

The men, of course, have been in preparation by constructing the statue to our Great Spirit Sahkoorhye. It is created in His image, or at the least His physical manifestation in this realm. Sculpted out of a mix of dinosaur bones and pure diamond, it is nearly 10 meters in height and the base forms an area of 50 square meters. It is a wonder of the world, actually.

Anyway, on the day of the occasion, we are prescribed to go to sleep with our eyes open for the duration of the night. Upon waking, we gather in the center of the villager and march towards the statue of Great Spirit Sahoorhye. We pray for six long hours. At the point of the day when the sun is at its zenith, we all spread out on the ground and look directly at the sun at intervals of 14 seconds, with pauses inbetween of 5 minutes. If the day is overcast, we use incandescent lightbulbs fitted to ornamental, yet chic lamps. At sunset the feast begins. Grandpa will chant our holy words and remove the lamb from the spit, and a great feast will commence.

Anyway then we all head to Gamestop, some of us acutally preloaded the game already and head back to play it all night. It's pretty sweet.

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
...Anyone else's schedule depend on when Amazon/Best Buy delivers the game?
Completely agree.
I pre order the game, but Amazon says that it will be delivered between the 28th and the 1st of december... I hope I'll get it for the first weekend :)

muchomario

Smash Cadet
Friends on leave from the airforce for 3 weeks from japan, so we're going to buy a ton of alcohol, through out the week, pre cook food, get drunk, play smash on stream until we pass out. Or stay sober if we forget to buy alcohol.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Work, pick up smash after work, pick up food to go, play smash all night until all characters are unlocked, and possibly all stages, or at least the majority of them, sleep. Oh, and register the game on club nintendo for the soundtrack.

Wake up, invite friends over, play smash. If no friends shows up, play ash anyways. Unlock all CDs obtainable through items. Work on challenges to try unlocking additional songs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom