• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How will I be able to get brawl!?!?

gamer8

Smash Lord
I don't have a Wii first of all, I'm gonna try to buy one saturday, and I haven't pre-ordered either!

1. Where should I buy a Wii? I live in Sanford, FL and it's not THAT populated, but I've been to a lot of places and they were sold out... what store has them in stock a lot?

2. Where should I go if I didn't pre-order? (No I'm not going at midnight...)

Thanks.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Your battleship is sunk before it even left the port my friend.
Only place you can probably find a Wii is ebay.

_NeXuS_

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to be a buzzkill man, but getting a Wii is still easier said than done. Hope you like camping. People still line up for the Wii, so good luck. Also it's going to be even harder now that it's biggest game is coming out in a mere 2 days.

Best of luck to you though.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
The best place you can probably get it is at Target. Call them and see if they got any Wii's coming in. You could also try ToysRUs on a early Sunday morning...though I don't recommend it...>_>

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
well to tc prepare for a wait. a good long wait. Wiis are still selling out fast and even faster with brawl coming out. Everyone and their mother (literally) are buying wii and/or brawl, so just pray and wish for good luck. maybe you'll find a wii

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i ordered my wii online, paid extra for it, but then i thought of how much it was worth it because of brawl...then i pre-ordered brawl at my gamestop and paid for it in full. that is what i would do, but you may not get your wii in time to play brawl right away...

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Like someone above me said, Toys R Us usually gets their Wii shipments in on Saturdays or Sundays. I stood in line for one myself this past Christmas...of course, if you work at a Target/Gamestop/TRU, it always helps if you close the night before when they stock the Wiis so you can have them hold one for you...

heroicsonic

Smash Apprentice
Dang, your kind of in a bad position.

You can get a wii tommorow and reserve brawl.... but thats a pretty much low chance :(

Legendary Angel

Smash Apprentice
Wow that really sucks. Next time, when SSB4 comes out, make sure you buy the console like, months before the game is released.

Actually, I live in WI (aka. middle of nowhere) so it was a snap for me when the Wii came out. :chuckle:

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
o.o You... uh... should've prepared?

Well, I have no idea where to find a Wii, but for Brawl I'd recommend going somewhere near other places you can go if they're out. Just in case. But it seems like Nintendo's got the big places pretty well stocked, so Brawl hopefully won't be too difficult to get.

surfingnc

Smash Cadet
I was on a wii hunt to find a wii for my little bro and it took 2 weeks before I could actually find one.
If you have no luck finding on Satuday, Sunday is pretty much your best bet since many stores save up their wiis until sundays. Target will definitely have them on sunday since it will be in the Sunday ad (my dad is the editor of local newspaper and target ads are the same nation-wide)

AznHalfCaucasian

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a Wii first of all, I'm gonna try to buy one saturday, and I haven't pre-ordered either!

1. Where should I buy a Wii? I live in Sanford, FL and it's not THAT populated, but I've been to a lot of places and they were sold out... what store has them in stock a lot?

Thanks.
You live at Sanford. I got a few relatives there, but I don't know if you know them or not. We should brawl online or what not as soon as you get your wii, good luck.

-Try K-Mart (the least expected)
-Try Circuit City
-Be careful not to get the bundles, but if is just a game and a remote then try.

Give me a heads up.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
The internet solves everything.
You can find almost anything on it! (ebay + paypal)

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
You have to wait for the next shipment. Why are you worrying now when there are like 2 days left?

pirkid

Smash Lord

Thanks.
That's not giving you much options.

Use eBay if desperate. I'm sure some copies will end up on there, overpriced, of course.

Certain stores open at 8 AM, etc. Your going to have to make SOME sort of sacrifice for this game, it'll be sold out quick. (I think Zellers, Toys R' Us open later.)

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
This is what happens when you don't pre-order the game or buy the wii late. You had time before Brawl was two days away. Why didn't you buy it then? It was obvious this would happen. The thing to do is to go get the phone book right now, call some stores then check target, gamestop and keep on searching. Right now. The sooner the better. Good luck my friend...

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
LOL! ok first off finading a wii is still SUCKS *** i got mine on release but ummm dude you might be going on to ebay ! lol

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Ring places and ask about incoming shipments. Anyone that gets a shipment saturday you ask to reserve it (does it work like that anymore?) They'll keep it to one side and then you can get it.

The early bird catches the worm.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
seriously man... i just went to walmart and saw like 12 wiis in the case... you just gotta keep your eyes open

Azureliske

Smash Rookie
If you're looking for a Wii, Best Buy will have them the morning that Brawl is released, this Sunday, but you'd better get there a few hours early and wait in line. There have been tons of folks asking at the store I work at and we're only going to have 52. Every Best Buy should have both Wiis and Brawl by now and are holding them for Sunday morning. It will be featured in the weekly flier so Ebayers and Parents are going to be out in force, so get there early is all I can offer.

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
You just have to find a phone book and copy down every single store number you can. Gamestop, K-Mart, Albertsons (I've seen one with a game department), whatever; get 'em all. The next step is to call them every freakin' morning. Be persistent; just because an employee says that they won't have any for a few days doesn't make that claim factual. You need to call every number on your list every single day. You'll find one eventually.

As for the game itself, go somewhere where they don't take pre-orders (I don't have any examples for you), and camp out for it a few hours in advance.

Wolf2280

Smash Rookie
go to australia and get one jk...i got mine during christmas season.....EVERYWHERE had them lol

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to say what others have been saying: waiting this late is certainly a damper on your situation. I was looking for a Wii for about a month; every store I called was either sold out, or waiting for shipments. Even Wal-Mart didn't have it. There was this one instance where a GameStop by my mall had one Wii available after calling. By the time I got there someone had bought it. I ended up having to buy one from a Yahoo Merchant for a little extra funds, but if I had not, I seriously believe I'd still be searching for a Wii. If you have no luck calling and asking; then you should try online but be prepared to pay a little extra or more to obtain one, especially with Brawl arriving.

LucidDreamGod

Smash Cadet
Ring places and ask about incoming shipments. Anyone that gets a shipment saturday you ask to reserve it (does it work like that anymore?) They'll keep it to one side and then you can get it.

The early bird catches the worm.
I think I'll do that saturday with brawl, hope they allow reserving it on saturday.

And I hate online merchants, stealing wii's from kids and over pricing them :(.

SirChubbs

Smash Rookie
Don't bother with gamestop. I checked with mine yesterday to try and preorder(wud have preoredered earlier but my parents wudnt preorder it)but they sed they wont have ne till the 2nd shipment cuz they only have 24 and their all preordered, and theres a similar situation in all gamestops. Ur definitely going to have to make a sacrifice and camp for 1-2hrs at a target or bestbuy.

on a sidenote, will 24hr walmarts be releasing at midnight?

Luteyi

Smash Apprentice
Don't bother with gamestop. I checked with mine yesterday to try and preorder(wud have preoredered earlier but my parents wudnt preorder it)but they sed they wont have ne till the 2nd shipment cuz they only have 24 and their all preordered, and theres a similar situation in all gamestops. Ur definitely going to have to make a sacrifice and camp for 1-2hrs at a target or bestbuy.

on a sidenote, will 24hr walmarts be releasing at midnight?
^Is right. All of them were pre-ordered.. except that one time.

Top Bottom