• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How viable is Default 1111?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So I'm getting conflicting statements in the Apex threads - There's those who say Miis are available in 1111/2222/3333 thanks to a rule change, and those who said the rule got changed back to Default 1111 only. Xanadu on the other hand only allows 1111 for now.

That being said, after mainly playing Tiny height/Slimmer weight 1132, 1122, and 1232 and then reading about Apex's guidelines, I've gone to experimenting with Default 1111 and I've realized that if I have to stick with it, it's not that bad of a set. They're still pretty fast at default height and weight; Shotput and Onslaught are givens to be fantastic, and the A moves, while they can't be changed are very useful, especially Dash, Jab Combo, and Nair.

The issues seem to be Soaring Axe Kick and Head-on Assault, which are reminiscent of Kirby's moveset. Out of all three moves, Soaring Axe Kick has the highest vertical movement (duh) but I've found it useful even with horizontal recovery because it seems to descend slower than Final Cutter. Head-on Assault also has the added bonus of burying the opponent which can be punishable. So overall I'm rather digging using the Mii as required even if it's not optimal.

Any tips y'all wanna share with this moveset in particular

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
No Feint Kick, no proper recovery for me. I hate it.

Still, you take what you can get, right?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
1111 Mii Brawler is a killer bee that got its wings and stinger taken away from it, so its basically useless.

The character has pretty poor recovery and hardly any reliable kill options, both of which Feint Jump and Helicopter Kick fix respectively. Axe kick has no use outside of his terrible recovery and Head-On-Assault doesn't help much either considering opponents usually get out of the ground before you can do a smash attack on them and once they're in the air you have no kill moves to finish them off.

In my honest opinion, 1111 Mii Brawler is a contender for one of the worst characters in the game and I'd heavily consider using Little Mac or Diddy instead as those two characters are straight upgrades from Default Mii Brawler. Hell, I'm even willing to say that default SWORDFIGHTER is better than default Mii Brawler. Default Swordfighter actually has better recovery and can somewhat kill.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Default Swordfighter-> Default Brawler. Average character v.s a combo-heavy killer bee with the killer, combo, bee parts taken away. And this is coming from someone who says that Swordfighter desevres a tier of his own like Brawldorf. It became quickly apparent to me how much all the Miis suck without customs, and when Mii Brawler improves to the point of F tier to S tier, the anti-Miis start using that against us.

I'd rather do Little Mac vs Samus than Defualt Brawler vs DK.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Ehhh....I still think horizontal recovery isn't completely nerfed without feint jump. Maybe it's because I learned how to horizontal recover better with Dark Pit and Peach at first and I'm able to apply similar DI tactics (I know that's a Melee term but you know what I mean). Even with the soaring axe kick i'm able to figure out where to start it in order to effectively get back onto the stage. I have been branching out with other characters though.

Edit: @jigglymeister, any word on 2222/3333 ruling? I know you were the driving force behind that but I haven't heard any more about it. Would 2222 be a better set if possibe? I've learned how to work with all those moves as well except for ultimate uppercut.

Last edited:

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
1111 Is not viable at all in most cases, it nerfs his recovery a whole bunch with the removal of feint kick and gets rid of arguably his most reliable kill option, especially air wise where it can combo out of his aerials consistently, when Apex originally announced 1111 I died a little inside.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
People are like "But gaiiss Soaring Axe Kick has the best recovery of the 3!!!!"

And then you remember it can't sweetspot or protect itself. GG

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Apex banned 2222 and 3333 because slippery slopes... You realize those slippery slopes are a good thing, right? You have good reason to end the slope at Palutena, and those 2 could be viable, which would mean elss Diddys, more variety, and better Apex.

Now the Miis and Palutena get to rot in bottom/low tier while Diddy has a higher chance of ruining Apex's quality. it doesn't help that PM is battering them with as much akrm ait can glean fromeverywhere. if Nintendo pulled support at the last minute, I wouldn't be surprised considering everything else bad that's happened. If Diddy does ruin Apex, at least people will try harder to deal with him, and the nerf will be more precise.

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Something a bit interesting I found out about Mii Brawler is that his second jab ends pretty quickly, so perhaps at a time when the infinite becomes a lot easier to DI out of, perhaps you could go Jab 1 > Jab 2 > Head-On Assault?

Though you're likely not gonna get any Smash attacks out of it depending on your opponent's button mashing speed, you can still get some damage, maybe?

Just some food for thought. The struggle is real for Miis. :(

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Only when you're using 1111, though. Because Mii Brawler at its full potential is a beast!
I know that, but everyone's all for forcing Miis to be 1111. As a Gunner main, no Bomb Drop hurts quite a bit...

Can't wait until there's a mod or something that gives all the characters their custom moves. Maybe then custom tourneys would be bigger.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I've been putting a lot of work into default 1111 brawler, and I think it's a solid character.

Recovering and getting kills are both hard, but I love the moves, speed and weight of the brawler.

Oh god axe kick though, the worst move ever.

Top Bottom