• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to woop (3.5 edition)

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
Look above your post. The jump should go in just before the up-b - I don't have frame data, but one frame prior might be enough.
OK, thanks. So you have to jump before the up b to get the right height to get on stage?

Also unrelated, what is the best way to 1. hover from the ledge and 2. TP on stage and hover?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Yeah. You literally need just the tiniest bit of height to make it work. I input the jump immediately after pressing back to release the ledge to get the fastest possible timing on it.

You actually can't teleport into onstage hover from the ledge, because using teleport from the ledge does not refresh your double jump. It's kind of stupid and inconsistent. Similarly, I think there's an issue with how PM handles restoring your hover. You can only hover off the ledge if you didn't DJ/hover prior to grabbing the ledge, grabbing it doesn't restore your hover.

RedEyesWhiteSwaggin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah. You literally need just the tiniest bit of height to make it work. I input the jump immediately after pressing back to release the ledge to get the fastest possible timing on it.

You actually can't teleport into onstage hover from the ledge, because using teleport from the ledge does not refresh your double jump. It's kind of stupid and inconsistent. Similarly, I think there's an issue with how PM handles restoring your hover. You can only hover off the ledge if you didn't DJ/hover prior to grabbing the ledge, grabbing it doesn't restore your hover.
That makes a lot of sense lol. I keep trying to hover from the ledge for edgeguarding and **** it up. So what is the input assuming I have the hover? Does down/away>hold jump just work? Also I can WD to the ledge and TP stall and still have my hover assuming I have tap jump off/don't jump right?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Minimally, barring other changes. Mewtwo has good options for getting back on stage, this still allows for mixups while preventing degenerate stalling.

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
I find that I can woop successively on the right side of the stage, while on the left I keep using Confusion once I let go of the ledge ._. Any advice on how to stop that?

Garr

Smash Apprentice
I keep missing the edge and sd'ing using that method :/
You don't grab the ledge unless your stick is back to neutral position. You still need to aim for the ledge, just make sure you don't hold it there. I've SD'ed alot trying to do the new method, but it's still really good. Hell, it can be fully invincible if you're fast enough ;)

Top Bottom