• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~How To Wield The Triforce of Power~ <vers 2.0>

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Awesome guide, although I'd like to see more anti-Fox/Falco (mainly Falco >_>) strats. Those two are more problematic for me than Sheik.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Nice. Very nice indeed, and detailed! :D

So *that* is why you asked me the names of Ganondorf moves for... (sorry if I seem "outdated" or "not up on things", but I think I haven't come here in about a year and a half :p )

Great work!

Edit: and by the way, Stretch Armstrong is a popular DJ. "Stretch Armstrong is now in your world!" :cool:

Falco-Lombardi

Smash Rookie
Wait, But:

Weights:
1) Bowser is the Heaviest
2)Donkey Kong
3)Ganondorf
4)Probally Yoshi

Well the point is that Ganondorf is the 3 lightest not the 4th lighest.:beezo: :chuckle: :D

That is the longest guide ever holy god! I like Ganondorf, and Falco, and Fox. And I beat 3 level 9's with him, I'm not bragging.

TestRider

Smash Ace
Samus is heavier than Ganondorf. As for anti-space animals strats...

I don't think it's that bad of a matchup, really. Haven't played much Ganon versus Falco, but I've got quite a bit of experience against Fox (Thank you Chester, you shine-happy *******. May you die a horrible death). Anyway, I think the most important thing to know is that you've got the range advantage. In the air, pretty much all of your attacks outrange those of Fox, leaving him with very little counter-attacking possibilities, unless you mess up with L-cancelling or something. Anyway, aerial down+A will set Fox up for combos and, when shielded, will knock him out of shield-grabbing range if you spaced it correctly. Don't overuse it though. I like catching people who're running in with a dash attack or grab by short-hopping over their head and landing with the spike, then following with a second one to knock them back down. If they fail to tech or if they use their rising attack, you've got 2 more free spikes in for a ridiculous amount of easy damage. Of course, your opponent will adapt very fast (if he's any decent) and start rolling away right after the second one. That's when you try to guess which way he'll roll and follow with a forward air, or a wave-landing and a ground attack. He'll soon adapt to that too and start shielding your attacks, but that's when you replace the ground attack with a grab... Anyway, this is just some mind-game theory, find what works best for you. One thing I recently noticed in my playing against Fox is that, for some reason, I always throw him up. Maybe it's just a natural reaction since he's a fast-faller. But anyway, always throw him down. It'll pop him up nicely to follow with a neutral A or a forward tilt. The down tilt can set him up for combos as well, but it's easily seen coming and crouch-cancelled, so use it sparringly. Use the ground neutral A a LOT, since it's one of Ganon's few moves which can compete with Fox's arsenal in terms of speed. Always try to follow a blocked aerial attack with a neutral A, kind of like with Fox's Shine. It'll usually stop him from countering with anything. The forward tilt also has very good stats all-around, and has no counter when spaced properly.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand I think that's it.

Gannon the Dwarf

Smash Cadet
I need to get better with Ganon, but I just can't seem to pick up on the concept of L-canceling. At least you guys should be thankful you have some L-canceling to mess up on. I would kill to even learn to just mess up on it.

Zarelid

Smash Lord
Re: Great guide

Originally posted by UNDlSPUT3D
Your guide is simply put amazing.
I enjoyed reading it very much.
Two thumbs up.

As for myself I've been hording and editing my own guide, and I've decided to post it. So, here it goes.. =)
uh did his guide ever pop up cause I can't find it anywhere?

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes, Gerudo dragon is definitely purple.
one of my favorite screenshots is frame 1 of the Gerudo Dragon.

HRC? Waste of time in my rushed humble opinion. I know a lot of people do it, you might learn SOMETHING from it, but HRC is just like collecting trophies. Kinda a waste of time, and not really that important.
HRC . . .
Thats like somebody bragging with how many trophies they got. Bragging rights are for being good at fighting, trophies don't give you special powerz i'm afraid, nor does HRC.

I do however respect that G-dorf is one of the best at HRC.
Thanks for the responce Ganon963, but I just don't think ganon's HRC is important in my guide.
If you find something out that would change my view later, i'd like to hear from you.
-slaps yer back and grunts n stuff-

-goes to college-

Squall LeonHeart

Smash Ace
I've been playing Ganondorf for months now and I'm so used to his moveset. I guess it's no more Marth for me, *sniff* good bye blue haired dude.

Anyway, I just had coffee and I played fairly well against my friends. I like to thank you Shinny, Ganondorf is my best character I thought way to fast with Ganondorf and I had a blast Koing left to right.

Titan44

Smash Apprentice
Weird story.

I was having a Ganon ditto with one of the local players. I knock him high off the stage, and I immediately run out to go for a Wizard Foot spike. But when I reach the peak of my double jump, he's still above me. I start the WF anyway in hopes of hitting his feet or something, but he does a recovery WF a split second after I start mine. So basically, he's coming down ON TOP OF ME (at that angle, it looked like he was gonna kick my Ganon in the chest/stomache). I'm convinced that I'm a goner, but somehow he get's spiked instead of me, and I.....survive...? :confused:

So.....my guess is the his upperbody has more priority or something, but I'm not really sure since it was the only time I had ever seen something like that. Has this (or something similar) ever happened to anyone else?

Thomas Tipman

Smash Champion
i dont think samus should be bane #2 to ganon. kinda like kirby once you knew how to get him it is fairly simple to win, its the same with samus but requires more skill. powersheilding is a must and edge gaurding her is simple. thing i had most problems with her was her tackle id always get hit with it if i tried to jump it so i found a nice way around it if you dair her ganon brings his feet just out of reach and pops her. works great and works on closes of situations. oh and a tip on powersheilding dont have samus shoot a missle then stop and power sheild, learn how to run to samus and run into the missle and powersheild this would keep you less predictable and keep you closer to samus.

~Shin_Ganondorf~

Smash Journeyman
hmmm. -prods stickyness of his thread-
thats something new.

Thats a no to the captain falcon guide. Obvious reasons (atleast for my sake). The good ol' Captain is a very very different character.
Kirby bain? Powershielding.

Well, Powershielding is awesome, nuff said. But Kirby being a great bane isn't quite on the top of the list . . . or close. Sorry.

This guide is hella old. I should make 3.0, but i'm lazy and college sucks.

*swings his Zweihander*

*notes that he actually made a Boffing legal Zweihander*
*grimace*
*cackle*

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
A very useful guide, I must say. Reading this MADE me wanna play as Ganondorf...

And I must say I have improved SO much with him. I agree; it started out slow, WTF am I using him?!, etc. But then I discovered a fast way to move across the board... I havent mastered wavedashing, but I learned rolling and then the down+b is a quick way to move around. If they are in your way, their problem, not mine. :p And rolling will make them mad to no end. Gerudo dragon (towards+b) is also effective, though if you miss... :eek: your open for a bit.

Playing as Ganondorf has made me forget who I usually am... O_O I think it was ... I used ot be Link... then Roy... then Link again... then Samus... then Roy... then Shiek... and then the Master of the Universe... I mean... Ganondorf... ^_^;

dmac

Smash Champion
yeah reading this guide made me wanna play ganon it sounded so hot. I've been playing ganon as my main since july of 04 :D

Kaotical

Smash Ace
Here's a small contribution from me. Don't know if it's all too helpful or anything, but here it goes:

Be it after a d-air or a d-throw, or few other occassions, you can normally get in a neutral-a to f-tilt for a free little combo and you get them away from you. Possibly in the confusion you could follow up with something big. It works for me a good bit.

There's my little contribution to my favorite character. Smack me if it don't work for you. :D

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
~Shin_Ganondorf~ props to you!

AWESOME Character Analysis!

I'm hopping on a plane for a short (1-2 hours) flight to Edmonton, CANADA, the weekend of Victoria day to attend a tourney and go up against the well known Mike (of the former punch crew). After reading this, my G-dorf should be well prepared for whoever comes my way durring the tournament. I can assure you
~Shin_Ganondorf~, the potential of Ganondorf will be unleashed and as I ruthlessly and relentlessly apply the tactics of Ganondorf that I've taught myself combined with the useful additives and tactics I found in your Faq... the loyal and zombie-like crowd will chant..........
"GA-NON-DORRRF" "GA-NON-DORRRF" "GA-NON-DORRRF"
(repeat as necessary :rolleyes: )

In all sincerity, thank you for making this Faq on the King of Evil and for inspiring me to make him one of my main chars for this upcoming tournament and for future tournies to come:)

You truly are the Ganon Guru:demon:

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I notice no one has mentioned Ganon's infamous "Double-Double Jump Back", so just in case...

Double-Double Jump Back

After double jumping, use down+b (Wizard's Foot) to recharge your double jump (can be used continuously)

This works with both Ganon and C. Falcon.

With this, Ganon can return from insane distances (Like all the way across the screen in final d). Just make sure to DI up if you feel you might need to use this tech.

New_and_Inproved

Smash Apprentice
this guide is good too bad i dont play ganon and anyone who plays my Falcon with there gannon will try to convert lol im j/k.
but this is welll done and i have to give u ur just deserved props.

CuckooOfTime

Smash Journeyman
A great guide, but one thing is missing (though someone might have already mentioned this, I don't feel like wading through the 5 pages before this post to see if someone caught it). You should let everyone know that the Wizard's Foot, when used in the air, restores Ganondorf's double jump and is therefore just about his most useful recovery technique. When sent out, and you're pretty high in the air, double-jump, Wizard's Foot (which kills your height but adds a good deal of horizontal recovery), then gain the lost height back with your new double-jump and then a Dark Dive back onto the stage or ledge. I think all Ganon players should know about this.

Death

Smash Lord
lol That was mentioned two posts before yours. Anyway, nice FAQ ~Shin_Ganondorf~. Good detail but like everything in this world, could be better.

Bakaneko

Smash Cadet
Wow. Quite possibly one of the best guides I've seen. I hope I can write a Game and Watch guide like this one someday..

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Ganon counter samus on PPC or stages with more platforms/obstacles in general. An open stage like FD and stages with bigger boundaries I say would favor Samus, as I've played this match up TONNES of times.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
It's actually cut off quite a bit... the whole pic is like Ganon with Link's hood in his hand and it's implying that Ganon just PWN'd Link.

BTW Tipman, you wouldn't happen to be going to MLG Seattle would you? I'll be there, I want to play you ^_^

Blarg I'm Dead

Smash Apprentice
Great Guide we need one like this for every character. The only complaint is using the Nintendo Power names of the moves instead of Fair, Dair, B, Forward Tilt, etc. It think it would be much better for the combo section if you used those terms, otherwise great guide.

DYC

Smash Champion
This guide was created in February of 2004. Don't even mention the nintendo power article in the same sentence with it.

Glitch Master

Smash Cadet
Shin...I LOVE YOU!!! I was just thinking on how I can perfect my Ganondorf playing ness!!! You saved my life!!!!! Anyhoo...

the Marronator

Smash Ace
wow! that was a really good guide! Another one of my favorite comboes is 2 lightning punches then a wizards foot. It usually catches your opponent off gaurd.

Top Bottom