• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to use Pit in 3 or 4 player fights ?

Tuy

Smash Rookie
It seems that almost all topics handle 1 on 1 fights, but what about 3 or 4 player fights (with items) ?

I find that Pit has a big advantage because he can stay clear of the fight when needed and attack fast when needed.

I usually try to keep to the side, shooting arrows. Usually only one of the others will come for you. Try to punish them fast and hard. Kinda try to take 'em one at a time, which is hard in small stages.
I try to use block and sidestep a lot, trying to add to the confusion that sometimes exist :)
When you see that one is high in damage, ignore others, and give that final blow.

Do others have specific strategies or specific ways to play in these battles ? I haven't found much information about this topic.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I dont really know too many good strats for doing a ffa. But usually i just jump in the fray, and if i get knocked out use an arrow approach to come back. I always glide on my way back to the stage, less likely to be spiked while way in the air. Grabbing is a horrible idea though. Comboing also doesnt work very well in a free for all. So basically my pit gets pwned in ffa, style is completely destroyed. Most of the time, what works best is to just use ur most powerful knockback techs over and over.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Considering how I hate FFAs and Items, I dont got much info about this. However, I still experience some when an idiot chooses to put items on.

In here, I really do usually get in the fight directly. With items, be prepared to reflect a lot, especilly against Hotheads, Pokeballs, etc. Reflecting the Pokeball will make the Pokeball and the pokemon inside yours, as well as the Hothead. Reflect different items and dominate the stage. Be sure to reflect Super scope shots too. Keep your distance and time your reflectors. It's a way to win without being directly in all the fighting, in stocked matches of course.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
what usally do is focuse only on staying a live and i dont run after enimy with high percentage, if i find my self in a sticky stituation i would short hop Nair, short hop Nair and to the other side of the stage

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
if all you do is spam arrows then the other people will get pissed and double team you. What i like to do? stay unnoticed. run in and out of the fray while airdodging basically im avoiding the fight while avoiding atention/

Marzbar

Smash Rookie
if all you do is spam arrows then the other people will get pissed and double team you. What i like to do? stay unnoticed. run in and out of the fray while airdodging basically im avoiding the fight while avoiding atention/
Yeah that's the way to do it.

I basically just roll around, shielding and dodging everything, until I can get in a cheap running attack or until they fly above me and I can UAir them. That and use Angel Ring, lol.

Tuy

Smash Rookie
I usually don't get killed much in ffs fights, but I don't get many kills also. So it seems that everyone is kinda doing the same thing: 'Acting busy' without annoying the others :p

istudying

Smash Lord
Dangit i hate FFA With items Like every gets pokebals etc and trows them at u.
Like anoying thats why i dont choose pit in FFA

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
I never really do 4 on 4 cept for online. But when freinds are over when we play ffa on a big stage(hyrule temple,gay porky town,or big created stage I usally end up fighting 1 person than when I kill that person I go to the other 2 fighters and fight with them. Then when someone gets nocked hard away someone chases them and fights them but thaths on big stage.

Kmaru

Smash Cadet
On small stage like final destination(my love).with items i usally stay on the outside of the battle and fsmash,arrows,throw items,dsmash,or dash,when my percentages are about 80 i stand back and become unnoticed which is hard.if you make it rain arrows then the enemy wont think about attacking you as much and you can get out the situation quicker.

Top Bottom