• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Strengthn Ganon's Weaknesses..

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Ok I've been silently studying Ganon for a week now, memorzing his moveset, his recover, his wavedash (which im actualy good at now.. Lol switchin from Fox to Ganon isint ez..) his funny lookin dashdance all the way to his swirling Taunt.. I've been watching loads of vids. almost every1 in the vid. thread, lol.. (I even have a favorite Ganon alrdy!) And I've immediatly picked up on one of his biggest weaknesses.. Recovoring..

His recovory as far as distance isin't bad, actually, pretty good with the help of DI but actually gettin on the stage is sooooooo hard. You cant rly sweetspot the UpB.. And sometimes I do get lucky and get that edge but then wut..

I've been seeing nothing but stallin into Jumps and >100 attacks.. I wanna do something diffrent. Im too use to ledgehoppin to switching to Jumps. I hear Ledgehop Uair and Fair is makeable, r those my only options besides the usuals?

Note - I've noticed also that because of his UpB sweetspotting promblem WallTechin is a MUST know, so wutZ some good ways to pratice it alone?

Well yea.. all help is appreciated, this mayb my 1st new character that I might actualy use besides Pch and I just wanna start on the right foot.. Btw My fav ganon is 1233 for his ridicolous edgeguarding and his amount of.. flavor and fearless assaults at his oppenent.. hes a monster..

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
To practice ledgeteching, place a mine at the top of the ledge in the middle of Hyrule, then just stand below and Up-B. Make sure you hug the wall, and hold toward the stage. You also need to begin holding L or R 20 frames before you are hit. To walljump, just press up soon after the tech (when you see Ganon sitting on the wall). Another nice thing to throw into that is if you do a bair just after walljumping, it will make contact with many characters edgeguard.

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
LOOOl Reno

Thx for the tech advice. Ive tryed walltechin with a Bair, it works sorta well but it just quite doesnt have the range for a well spaced edgeguarder. Ill continue to work on techin at FD tho, put the mine on the edge and just continue like that, Thx again.

HoshiPuri

Smash Journeyman
Ganon can get back on the stage easy. On a Smash Wiki Fast Fact, it says:
"Did you know Ganon gets another jump and using his Down B?"

Get hit, DI Upwards, Down B, Jump, Down B, Jump, Up B

But I see your point. He's so vulnerable when he does his Up B.

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, do the mine on the side of the ledge for ledgeteching, and i like to use uair after the ledgetech/wall jump. If you do it immediately, the back of your feet can catch an opponent on the ledge. As far as ledge hopping, yeah pretty much you can use uair and recover back on stage, fair but you will still have to up+b to grab edge again, so if you miss fair, ur probably screwed. Ledgehop-> wave land is always a good one followed by a quick jab or ftilt.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why not just up-b immediately after teching and give 'em a big ol bear hug?

ganon's waveland off the edge is ridiculously good but also very hard to do; very rewarding to learn it though

ledgehop fair doesn't really get you onto the stage; uair is the only real viable option for that (i think you can also get the first hit of nair but who cares -_-)

an empty ledgehop is actually not that horrible either (drop, dj onto stage); strictly inferior to waveland of course but it can catch some people off guard if they are standing too close

i personally generally do ledgehop uair, regular standup (up on stick) or conventional ledge jump (press jump). i try to do the waveland sometimes in friendlies but i'm still not as consistent as I'd like to be to try it regularly

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Ledge uair is probably the safest bet for Ganon recovery...avoid using A to get up if your opponent is too close cause that's just asking for a shield grab.

A viable option to do before you even hit the ledge is the smack your opponent with fair, fall past the ledge, and Up B, if you connect then you're all set cause your opponent will be way too far out there, and Ganon's fair has remarkable range. Use it wisely.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I dont think ganon can ledgehop to a fair then recover, but he can definitly do one and get back to the ledge. Anyways, Joe Bushman111 told me to walltech and do a jump then very very very quickly do an up B to push the guy away from the edge. I don't think it'll work so much on Marths because they decently far away from the edge.

But yeah, I know what you mean, getting back on the stage is a pain, but once the ledge is yours you should be able to :)

ninjade1

Smash Journeyman
so i am still having trouble with the wall teching i tried putting the motion detector on the ledge in hyrule but i can seem to tech when i explode 8( is there a special trick to this im missing or is it just me being ********?

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
ninjade1, I like to do the mine on edge of FD, grab ledge (b4 mine is active) drop down, then upb back. Because of the 20 frames you have (i think 20 is right) you can actually just hold l and back towards the stage before you hit the mine (I actually start holding it once i have done the up b).

Does anybody know why you can hit l and over before you actually hit the mine, and it will still ledge cancel?

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
Well, if you watched Trice Force of Power, try doing the constant invincibility on the ledge then try to ledge hop >> waveland onto the stage. If you havent done it before or seen it, it sounds almost impossible but the timing is quite easy after practice. Anyway from there you can grab,jab ,or roll i guess use according to situation. Wavelanding onto the stage from the ledge and then rolling pretty much puts you almost in the middle of the arena, which a nice little spot.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
just try to DI as much as you can, he can DI a lot better than most think, saved my @$$ a couple of times

and yes, learn to tech

Top Bottom