• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to stay unpredictable.

Veng

Smash Ace
I really need help with this.

Lucas has a very good amount of moves so its a little bit less predictable but.

If im on the ground my opponent knows im either going to: Aerial attack or c stick.

If im coming down, its gonna be a Dair if hes recovering its gonna be PKT or a dsmash ledge hog attack.

Any help? ESPICALLY AGAINST TL USERS.

Batteries

Smash Cadet
One of the first things I do with any character is play against friends and just experiment with new strategies until you find three or four that work in each situation and just mix them up.

Another thing you seem to be discounting are dodges. One way to play mindgames with your opponent is switch between down dodges, rolls, and air dodges in certain situations. If your opponent expects you to run and arial attack, why not run at them and air dodge back the way you came to put you in a good position to punish their missed counter.

JonnyManya

Smash Apprentice
Mind games are win.
Play with their mind, mix it up a bit, approch them useing PKF or even dash attack.
What I like to do is to edge hog, and play with their mind from there. Should I fake them out by jumping and then edge hog agian, or should I Short hop do an Uair and combo into it.
I like to use Lucas's PKT while someone is in the air, they usally don't expect it and they don't know what to do.
And don't forget, his grabs can make combos and can finsh those combo's with his Up Smash.
And also, study your opponent, he himself /herself may be predicitble =P

shadowfox2769

Smash Rookie
here's a mind game trick i learned
short hop and right as your about to land use pk fire
lucas says it but it doesn't come out
then run torwards them and there probably gonna roll away so keep running and grab them
then use forward or down throw (best in my opinion)

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Try using more tilts. And mix up your wavebounces. Sometimes use them, other times not. That way, they won't know if you are going to or not.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Use PK Thunder more. That move has so much variety to it. Don't just use it for edgeguarding. Speaking of which, for certain characters it would be better to jump out and use Fair or something. PK fire? Maybe PKT2. When the foe is trying to get up from a ledge, Usmash works well sometimes too.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Make use of the variety of Lucas's attacks, the only moves that I seem to not use is PK freeze, and some of his throws.At low dmgs d-throw-->2x U-tilt---> NAir---> another attack ftw.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
The first thing you need to learn is that you don't need to attack when you move, and the second is don't stand still.

Top Bottom