• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to recover.

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I simply cannot get Wolf's recovery down. I have mastered everything else about the character and can beat almost anyone on the stage with Wolf's incredible power, range, and arial maneuvers, but once the battle moves into empty air space, I fail miserably.

I'd love to main Wolf, but I simply cannot get the recovery down, and it's forcing me to not even play him at all.

I've read guide about it, seen videos of it, but I simply cannot do it myself. Any other tips or in-depth explanations would be greatly appreciated.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
Use Wolf Flash to recover. Fire Wolf really shouldn't be used for recovery unless you need vertical distance. Just be prepared to jump just in case it doesn't sweetspot.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
just go into training mode and keep going it. 30 mins straight, then with a lvl 8 cpu. then with humans offline

Alain

Smash Cadet
I love it when wolf is under the stage and you Fire Wolf over the stage but wolf just misses the ledge by an inch. So you scream "just grab on !" Then you die.

Best bet at recovery must be to fight the instinctual urge to tilt towards the map and wait for perfect opportunity to do the wolf flash. Maybe someone should come up with pictures for where is the best position on each stage to do wolf flash.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's recovery isn't what's bad, it's that people who are inexperienced with him can easily make mistakes which put them in a position where they might not be able to recover, due to his fast-falling speed. Like others have said, just use side-B for horizontal. Not only does it cover a good amount of range, but it also protects him against getting gimp killed thanks to the spike sweetspot.

As for his up+B, just aim it. You don't need lightning-quick hands to point it towards the ledge.

tj_odee

Smash Rookie
i'm a wolf player too, and his up-B is pretty hard to get back up with even in online matches!!! anyways, i suggest to use wolf flash (just like every1 else said). Its prob the best way.

§witch

Smash Lord
When i go for a spike I use fire wolf to get back, wolf flash isn't 45 it's more like 25 degrees, I use fire wolf for diaganol distance, as well as vertical.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Yea wolfs up B can be a little annoying. Especially at stages like final destination where sometimes you can screw yourself by going up and missing the ledge or up left/right under the ledge. I reccomend using side B as your main means of recovery cause its overall better unless your down under the stage. It can be annoying at first but eventually recovery will become easier as you practice.

CUsmasher2011

Smash Journeyman
I play as Wolf frequently.....it's easier just to use Wolf Flash. For me, I'm more likely to grab the edge when I'm an inch away. I only use Fire Wolf if I REALLY need to...and even that doesn't work

Top Bottom