• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish Kirby's up+b?

EscapingJail

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm a snake player, and I was wondering when or how I should punish Kirby's up+b.

Edit: let me clarify, it seems it has no recovery frames and it seems its completely spammable. =/

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
ummm i dunno much about snake. maybe that gun blast up launch thingy? :S

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
Maybe you just haven't seen the move enough, but Kirby's Final Cutter has lots of initial and cool down lag to it. If it's getting spammed off the side, try using your Forward+B. If it's just being done on the ground, try to shield it. Ideally you'd want to be standing right next to him when he comes back down to the ground. Once he lands, let go of your shield and use one of Snake's many options. Neutral A, F-Tilt, and U-Tilt would all be good choices.

Davrob1

Smash Cadet
approach
sheild it
let go of shield right away and dash
grab or dash attack or.. shield again if you arent close enough yet

Thats the simplest way to punish it

Synerate

Smash Cadet
its got a lag to it, just roll through it and nab him. Just by stealing snakes power you should chuck a few grenades his way if hes spamming it, that should throw a wrench in his plan ^^

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
Shieldgrab it. My friend is a kirby user, and I am a GDorf user, and that always works for me. You dont have a big window, but it will work. Also, try shielding the first upward slash, rolling behind, and charging a smash.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
My brother Knee'd me out of my Final Cutter after trying to recover onto the stage.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
run up to it when he's rising (don't run into the sword).

perfect shield the beam as he's landing.

shield cancel.

hit him. with moves. that do damage.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Don't try to dodge the wave where it disappears (I find it rather hard to). It's easier to block or dodge when you're closer up. Guard the initial 2 up close final cutter hits up close and guard the last one. As snake, that should give you a free forward tilt combo =s.

Vulcan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SaberVulcan
Usually I would approach, roll behind and hit with a forward smash as he is finishing his final frames. Ive done this successfully with my own Kirby, MK, Toonlink and Wolf.
That, or get within range of him when he lands and time a dodge/shield so when you leave dodge/shield frames he is still sitting there with his sword out.

Top Bottom