• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to punish air dodging?

Manthisis

Smash Rookie
Been playing the demo a lot with my friend and, every time I try to attack him in the air after launching up, he just air dodges and I miss my attacks. Is there any way to punish this and/or successfully pull combos off in the air?

ST_Neko

Smash Rookie
NNID
ST_Neko
Well if u know ur friend always air dodge ur attacks dont attack him, instead short hop and punish him when he land in this game the air dodge have a tremendous landing lag and if u and ur friend are in a very high position dont attack him so sudden just wait til the air dodge finish the invencibility frames lol

Khao

Smash Lord
Jump, but wait until after he's dodged instead of attacking right away.

Or heck, don't even jump early, time it so you can be in his face by the time his airdodge is over.

Last edited:

Spirst

Prediction is key. Follow him with a jump, wait until his airdodge animation ends, then punish accordingly.

T-skjorte Ninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TNinja0
3DS FC
4871-3998-6368
If you're using a character who have a long lsting aerials, you can use that. In Mario's case, he got his down airial, I think?

When I use Greninja, I use his down air. The attack pretty much follows my target downward so when the invulnerability frame ends, he get's hit.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Been playing the demo a lot with my friend and, every time I try to attack him in the air after launching up, he just air dodges and I miss my attacks. Is there any way to punish this and/or successfully pull combos off in the air?
If he does this all the time, wait for it and punish it. Air Dodging while landing is easily punishable this time around. (Unless if didn't hit the ground after dodging, then you'll have to time your attack correctly, after the air dodge, or use a multi-hit move to hit more easily.)

Last edited:

LinkNIvy

Smash Apprentice
If you're using a character who have a long lsting aerials, you can use that. In Mario's case, he got his down airial, I think?

When I use Greninja, I use his down air. The attack pretty much follows my target downward so when the invulnerability frame ends, he get's hit.
This. A lot of stuff has lasting hitboxes.

Top Bottom