• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How To Protect Your Bread: A Falco Instructional Video

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
Do you just rotate the stick to do the curved firebird? I'm also pretty sure curved firebird was the name given to using Up-B in between the 90 and 45 degree firebird; though it does make more sense in your sense.

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Wow. That was very enjoyable to watch. Haha "Babies" x]

I swear to God, if someone asks where the first two guides are, I will personally pump them full of fail.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
What about Fire Spin.... :p or curved bird

Amazing video, and it isn't boring like some other vids I watched. LOL babies.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
"will result in babies, or rather, a zero lag landing, which is sexy enough to get you laid. which could result in babies. Moving on"
haha loved it
what exactly is the the timing for shortening the phantasm? i always seem to get it by accident.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
"will result in babies, or rather, a zero lag landing, which is sexy enough to get you laid. which could result in babies. Moving on"
haha loved it
what exactly is the the timing for shortening the phantasm? i always seem to get it by accident.
Honestly its just like muscle memory now. I wanna say you hit B again where the blue Falco's are in the phantasm

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
ok, ill go see what i can do now. thanks alot, and btw good video
funny, enjoyable, and extremely helpful.

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
well done, a great way to get babies.

One question though, I can't find any good opportunities to use the phantasm. I know that you can utilize the high priority, but it just doesn't seem to be the best option anywhere. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
well done, a great way to get babies.

One question though, I can't find any good opportunities to use the phantasm. I know that you can utilize the high priority, but it just doesn't seem to be the best option anywhere. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
A SH'd Immediate Phantasm (feet still touching the ground) is a great surprise attack. As long as you don't spam it, this move is almost impossible to punish.

I usually do a couple sets of SHDLs and then phantasm through them to the opposite side, or shorten it and try for an upsmash.

Doing perfect SHDLs into a phantasm makes the phantasm even safer than normal, because you get there before/the same time as the laser.

And as a shameless plug:
Hands Off My Bread 2
^That's my newest combo video, I use the phantasm a lot.

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
Awesome guide. I still need to perfect the SHDL like you have, it'd certainly impove my Falco game.

Make babies... protect the bread. The mantle of Falco.

Top Bottom