• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Pressure Shields With Falco  (Beginner)

Guide How to Pressure Shields With Falco (Beginner)

P1xeledK1rby

Smash Rookie
P1xeledK1rby submitted a new guide:

How to Pressure Shields With Falco (Beginner) - A quick guide to pressure shields with Falco beginner's level

First of all, I am new to SmashBoards and have a lot of knowledge about smash games, especially Melee. Also, this is my first post and would like some feedback. If you have something nasty to say about it, keep it to yourself. Thanks! :)
-P1xeledK1rby

Introduction

This is a guide on how to pressure shields with Falco (More to Come!) at a beginner's level...
Read more about this guide...

RevySSB

Smash Cadet
Most people already know this but this can help out beginners that are really new to the game

Pauer

The Pauerful
In your guide you generally talk very little about shield pressure itself and how or why it works.
The practice method you talking about is not used for shield pressure specifically but rather for getting a feeling for the SHFFL timing and shine jump-out timing in general as you would want to learn them while hitting an opponent. The skills you acquire with that training are only necessary tools for being able to actually pressure shields yet you never mention that fact and provide only the slightest insight into the progress of training, essentially only presenting the method of training.
This three year-old video by Eggm does the same job while giving additional information.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
This guide is extremely barebones and you really shouldn't be writing guides, especially since you said you're a beginner. Ur better off asking questions and practicing than writing guides on game situations that you don't fully understand.

This may have came off as blunt, but its the truth. I was the same way.

Nox.

Smash Rookie
Yeah, as many others have said, this is very basic. Although I understand it is for beginners, you don't want to give newer players hurtful advice. If you'd like, I'd be down to help try to improve this guide to make it suitable for beginners while also adding in intermediate techniques (such as mixing up fade back nairs on shield, shinegrabbing, and attack heights on shield) for those interested.

Also, I recommend giving some insight on why these options are good and why they work when they do. Simply giving information on the tech and how to do it isn't enough to improve your play. For example: when approaching with lasers, what do they do to counteract this? If they put up shield, do this. After approaching with an aerial a few times, change it up and approach with a run up grab or shine grab. These things are important to let people know so they aren't practicing improper pressure.

I know many people now just want to learn cool tech and show their friends, then explain how their an "upcoming smash pro" but you should focus on helping those who want to improve beyond that.

Top Bottom