• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to play with falcon?

Diggabob

Smash Rookie
I think the title says all^^

I just need some tips how to get good with captain falcon.
which moves should i use often and what are the best(easy?^^) combos?

_kSo_

Smash Master

Well, you can do the easy combo which is just grab-upsmash-uair-uair-uair-upB, which is a pretty good combo and its easy to learn. another one you could try is grab-fair-grab-fair-uair-upb. that's pretty good too. i have a captain falcon combo video that i made a while back that you could watch. maybe it'll give you ideas. lemme know if you need any other specific tips :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoozSngbfeI

Diggabob

Smash Rookie
great video thx for the link^^

hmm the best thing i learned from it is the usefulness of the dair move but often when i try it i fall of myself x D
i try to get good over time and i only play falcon. one thing that gets me worried is i can **** every npc in level 9 easily of course but when i play against npc link i get owned every second match (lol?) . i always get hit by his stupid up*b and uair i hate it. i think i use falcon kick to often but i dont know what to do against the projectiles...... x D

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I love Falcon! Thanks for that video. It gave me some good combos. I've been working on stuff like that, but I'm so used to Melee, that relearning how to combo is hard.

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
grabs help alot with falcon.Uair works wonders for combos.dair is helpful for spiking.His up B is great for using after a few uairs.

_kSo_

Smash Master
If you can z-cancel out of fair, grab or falcon kick. if you don't z cancel, jump into an uair and finish with upb

i dunno if its only the japanese version, but i'm pretty sure with some characters you can do uair-upb after the falcon kick. could someone clarify?

Keige

Smash Journeyman
0-300% damage wall of pain combo ending with a Falcon Punch. I did this once to my friend on Sector Z and hit him off to the right with a Falcon Punch and he was just like o_0 especially because he was trying to prove to me how Kriby pwns the Captain.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Don't roll or shield. Just dodge.

That's the best advice I can give for playing Falcon. That and know the combos.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
0-300% damage wall of pain combo ending with a Falcon Punch. I did this once to my friend on Sector Z and hit him off to the right with a Falcon Punch and he was just like o_0 especially because he was trying to prove to me how Kriby pwns the Captain.
Kirby does pwn the Captain in this game, I'm afraid.

What's the 0-300% wall of pain combo? And how the heck do you combo a FP when someone's on 300%? o_O

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I have incredibly freaky luck. I doubt I could do it again. And I know Kirby pwns Falcon, he pwns everyone. But luckily, I'm better (slightly) than my friend because I've been getting some practice online.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I've actually tried chaingrabbing with Falcon, to no avail.
And Keige, I'm pretty sure what you're describing is impossible, because that amount of damage requires about 20 aerials.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hes talkin about the tower wall combo on the right side of the hyrule. even then, i doubt CF can do that much damage to kirby without killing him

Keige

Smash Journeyman
I was exagerating some, but it was an abosolutely amazing one time only combo.

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten a cpu (9) to 575% by doing constant dairs. I guess its a good drill, and helps with timing (and b/c a comp won't roll, they will just get right back up). The tricky part is when you dair them so hard they bounce sky high, then you gotta catch 'em again. So do that for practice.

_kSo_

Smash Master
I've gotten a cpu (9) to 575% by doing constant dairs. I guess its a good drill, and helps with timing (and b/c a comp won't roll, they will just get right back up). The tricky part is when you dair them so hard they bounce sky high, then you gotta catch 'em again. So do that for practice.
ummm, come again? Do what for practice?

greenblob

Smash Lord
Standard Falcon: Launch with fthrow/usmash/dair, chain with fair/uair, finish with up B/dair/uair/bthrow

_kSo_

Smash Master
yea greenblob. you got me excited. i thought, wow there's something new I haven't tried with falcon. and i went to try it. it didnt work :( makes me sad. got my hopes up man

greenblob

Smash Lord
Er...

I meant pop them up with dair so you can uair at mid percents or usmash/grab at low percents.
Finishing with dair would just be using it as a spike...?

_kSo_

Smash Master
ohhhhh, ok. I misinterpreted your statement. I thought you meant to do fthrow-usmash-dair in a row and then link with fair or uair. I thought in my head, now wait does that make sense? and for some reason it did...a little. lol

_kSo_

Smash Master
lol i see that now. I reread it and it made a lot more sense :p.

i was probably trashed when i read it the first time...

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
Drunken smash! It should be a new tournament style. Every stock you take requires you to take a drink... If its a best of 3, with 5 stock, I may be able to take a stock of isai...

If you've got quick fingers, dair to grab is also very useful. People have a hard time teching after getting dair-ed cuz it happens so quickly, so chaining it with grabs or if they bounce to high usmash's/uairs always guarantee S E X Y T I M E ! V E R Y N I C E !

_kSo_

Smash Master
word drunken smash is mad fun. I remember i had trouble beating a lvl 9 luigi when i was trashed one day. in fact i remember suiciding the first life kuz i thought I was luigi.

In any case, I don't usually try to chain grabs off of stuff people might not tech because it's not too safe. however i do beleive that's a good habit to get into because that is a move that people will miss a tech on. (mostly because if you bounce up high, they are expecting a uair or something

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
Lets suppose I tried to chain-grab (dair-z-cancel-grab) and the guy techs outta it. Is it possible that captain's grab action is quick enough so that even if the guy techs outta it you still have the flexibility to try something else? Or would that momentary delay set you back? Whenever I practiced that it seemed instantaneous. Albeit, i do get in the habit of just spamming the grab button... when i try to chain it.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Lets suppose I tried to chain-grab (dair-z-cancel-grab) and the guy techs outta it. Is it possible that captain's grab action is quick enough so that even if the guy techs outta it you still have the flexibility to try something else? Or would that momentary delay set you back? Whenever I practiced that it seemed instantaneous. Albeit, i do get in the habit of just spamming the grab button... when i try to chain it.
grab once. and then when/if he techs, THATS when you gotta be quick. if you aren't they can just jab and knock you away from grabbing them. and if it's luigi/mario/ness/pika, etc they can grab you after jabbing

ZMoney

Smash Rookie
If you miss the grab because they teched then perhaps you could try an immediate dsmash if they are coming at you for the counter grab.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I like short hop to falcon punch :D

But really, I just started playin online yesterday, and considering so I'm not that bad. And I picked up a few combos from this thread and some falcon vids. I guess the main thing is that grab leads to anything (which is pretty much the rule in ssb anyway) and just to lead people on really nicely with everything, stomps, airs...falcon punch. I'm really happy that falcon punch actually works, since theres no more knee :'(

nesshero

Smash Cadet
Is it possible to tech-roll out of Falcon's forward throw (on the ground bounce)?

Blue Bird

Smash Cadet

uair. uair uair uair. Then uair some more. And uair.

And don't forget to uair. Oh and dair is also nice. But it's the uair you gonna focus on.

Top Bottom