• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

'How To Play: SSBB' videos...worth doing?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Hey guys, I've been contemplating doing this for a long time, but since I've just finished my University degree and have a bit of time on my hands over the next two months, it seems more realistic.

I was planning on making a YouTube channel that would give tricks and tips on how to get better at certain video games, with Super Smash Bros. Brawl being one of them.

If I was to make a load of videos introducing beginners to general advanced techniques (edge-hogging, short-hopping, etc.) and character-specific information (advanced techniques, match-ups, counterpicks), do you think they'd go down well?

Any comments/advice welcome.

Thanks!

Psymon.

Note: The videos would be fairly basic, so it would mainly cater for those looking to START playing competitive Smash.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I think David Sirlin made videos about basic Smash strategy on the Wii's Nintendo Channel years ago.

..yeah, here it is right here: http://www.sirlin.net/blog/2008/11/9/smash-bros-brawl-tutorial-videos.html

Wow! REALLY thorough. I wouldn't have gone that in-depth. The inspiration came from some instructional videos I saw for Melee years ago which taught you how to wavedash, double-jump cancel, tech properly, etc., and the thing that pushed me into actually wanting to make them was a friend of mine asking how to do certain techniques properly.

I think I may still make the videos, since it might end up benefiting someone somewhere, but I won't put them out as being 'definitive' or 'expert'. At the end of the day, if something I say can get someone better at Smash, I'd have done a good job.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
I started to make smash videos about smash discussions. Maybe you could start with smash 4 videos when the game comes out. A lot of people would want to watch them.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I started to make smash videos about smash discussions. Maybe you could start with smash 4 videos when the game comes out. A lot of people would want to watch them.
I might just do that :). Thanks for the input, dude!

Top Bottom