• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to multishine with X

sadistic

Smash Cadet
I think it's a cool video with a good summary of the frame data on falco multishining man, I like it! I never knew that your shine lasted 1 frame longer from being in the air with a multishine.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i dont understand people who jump with :GCX: ... i dont think i ever will
lol if I could start all over I would, but really it's only ever been an issue with this exact thing. I can slide from x -> a and get out fox multishines and sh double lasers consistently but it's too fast for falco multishines. I could likely get aerials out faster if I used Y to jump as well, but never really felt like it was an issue worth starting over for.
side to side motion with my thumb seemed more natural to me I supose.
Basically this. It's just what I naturally did when I first picked up the game.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
lol if I could start all over I would, but really it's only ever been an issue with this exact thing. I can slide from x -> a and get out fox multishines and sh double lasers consistently but it's too fast for falco multishines. I could likely get aerials out faster if I used Y to jump as well, but never really felt like it was an issue worth starting over for.

Basically this. It's just what I naturally did when I first picked up the game.
I dont know like i just dont know anyone that picks up the gcc and starts jumping with :GCX:LIKE WHY IS IT A THING XD i honestly dont get it but anyone who feels more comfortable that way good for you xD

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
I dont know like i just dont know anyone that picks up the gcc and starts jumping with :GCX:LIKE WHY IS IT A THING XD i honestly dont get it but anyone who feels more comfortable that way good for you xD
Having played Smash64 first, I would hazard a guess that at least for me it's from using downC to jump previously. With Melee being the first game I ever played on GC, and the only one for a long while, I don't think I had any reason to not just roll with using the X button since it felt the most familiar.

Im Fragbait

Smash Apprentice
Having played Smash64 first, I would hazard a guess that at least for me it's from using downC to jump previously. With Melee being the first game I ever played on GC, and the only one for a long while, I don't think I had any reason to not just roll with using the X button since it felt the most familiar.
Okay that makes sense its kinda like when i first started playing CoD my cousin had the controls so the look inversion was inverted (Press down to look up, Press up to look down) and ive never been able to play another way so i get you :D

Oskurito

Smash Lord
Yes, this is the reason I felt using X was more natural.

Top Bottom