• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

how to make you pit less predictable...

vAaTiBrAwL

Smash Rookie
i would say that im fairly good with pit, but when i look back at some of my matches... its pretty boring and the same thing over and over.

i play with some of my friends about everyday and they know my tactic which makes winning much harder.

so i was wondering if i could get some tips on how to change my strategy and how to be less predictable!

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Approach differently every time.

Basically, do things you normally wouldn't do at very advantageous situations. Don't use moves that don't work well at that moment, but use your entire moveset to your advantage. Keep an air of unorthodoxy in your playing, and you'll keep your opponents guessing constantly.

If you would like examples, I could come up with a few I guess :)

vAaTiBrAwL

Smash Rookie
sure that would be great!

i use all of pits moveset so im okay there. ill try to do something "unorthodox" lol

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
same with me i found out i became predictable but i use every move besides angel ring

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's what I do generally.

- I mix up my normal ground approach with:
- Dash Attack (Not recommended though if you're playing somebody that can shield grab like a champ.)
- I slow down to tilt speed and use:
- Ftilt
- Utilt
- Dtilt
- I jump into the air and use:
- Nair
- Fair
- RAR'd Bair
- Dair
- Mirror Shield (It's great for those people you know that'll try to hit you with projectiles or strong aerials, think R.O.B.'s Nair)
- ART
- Arrows
- When I knock the opponent off stage, I basically do the same I would with the above moves, but sometimes I add in a Glide Attack for a mindgame kind of approach.
- When recovering, I tend to be a tad predictable with either my Mirror Shield and Glide Attack either canceled or used to hit the opponent, but you can always try some tricky jump + WoI stuff if you're up for it.
- For ATs, I use:
- Wingdashing
- Angelic Step
- Arrow Looping (even though I suck at it... :p)

That's basically what I do.

Sorry if the layout is gross and such, I'm typing this whole thing in the quick reply box. I might clean it up a bit at a later time.

EDIT: Oh and "Combos", just do which ever ones you do, but don't do them in any specific pattern, just use them in their best situations possible.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
To stay unpredictable, avoid trying to play as gay as possible (Pit doesn't have anything that isn't punishable on prediction), and use your spacing and movement to put opponents into positions where they need to react to you, that way they will be hard pressed to react and punish your moves.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Simple. Switch stages.

You'd be surprised at how different you play when there's hazards flying around everywhere or if the stage is shaped very ********. I'm looking at you Norfair.

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
just out of curiosity, how many people jab oos? i tend to do it allot when i expect one of my friends to do something laggy at mid percents.

actually, just earlier i was fighting a g&w that approached with dair constantly and built up some 200% on him with just jab oos, it was kinda sad really.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
just out of curiosity, how many people jab oos? i tend to do it allot when i expect one of my friends to do something laggy at mid percents.

actually, just earlier i was fighting a g&w that approached with dair constantly and built up some 200% on him with just jab oos, it was kinda sad really.
I try to grab release into an attack.

I don't do to well at that though, so I should really consider doing that.

Do you do the three hit jab, or the continuous jab when you're doing it OoS?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
alternate approaches such as Ftilt or a rising Dair to a Fair, sometime even if you run at them adn they think you are gonna dash atack them you can just run up and grab them haha, also SH nairs, or if all of these are getting overused just dot approach and spam them until they get at you, arrow loops normally keep things interesting as well, plus it feels so good when you connect with an arrow and a ftilt at the same time

vAaTiBrAwL

Smash Rookie
k thanks for ur help guys... i played at a sorta tourney tday. well basically it was a bunch of my friends playing brawl for hours, but anyway... i used some of ur tips and it worked! i stayed undefeated for a while!

until some **** ike knocked me out! -_-

chaosscizzors

Smash Journeyman
I try to grab release into an attack.

I don't do to well at that though, so I should really consider doing that.

Do you do the three hit jab, or the continuous jab when you're doing it OoS?
unless there's a wall involved i try to aviod the continuous jab because if i time it wrong i usually get punished. plus with the three hit jab it can help me space better and there's always the option jab cancel into something else.

Top Bottom