• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to make SUPER SMOOTH videos the easy way! - Adaptec GameBridge User Guide

_kSo_

Smash Master
gamebridge may not work with vista for some reason; i have only tested it on XP and so far there are no problems. Perhaps you can search the website to maybe find a new version of the software for video capture and a new version of the driver required to use the gamebridge itself? i'll take a look around and let you know what i find

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
Could we see one of your videos that hasn't been youtubed? (at a hosting site like megaupload or filefront) so we can see the real deal? youtube tend tobe an image quality killer (tough even like that, it already look better than usual) (if it has been recorded in mpeg, then do not convert to wmv, please send directly the raw thing).

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
i've already checked everywhere on google for finding vista drivers.
apparently some people can get it to work on Vista, and an equal amount of people can't get it to work.

Adaptec themselves say that they do not and will not make drivers for vista for the gamebridge, so looks like im boned

oh well at least it only cost like 20 bucks

GUIGUI

Smash Journeyman
I asked before, but could you put a raw video at filefront or rapidshare or megaupload? Just to see what truly give a "Best Quality" (and with the game set a 60fps) video before it get toned down by youtube? All the videos you have shown are only on youtube, and it rather kill the purpose of your video.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
How do you record from the vcr to the gamebridge? My VCR has S-Video just like the game bridge. So I bought a cable plugged it in to both parts. Opened thh program and selected S-video, and all I got was a black screen, can someone help me?

Volvagia

Smash Apprentice
Can you use the GB to record from your Pal gamecube and european tv or does it just works with american games and tvs?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Can you use the GB to record from your Pal gamecube and european tv or does it just works with american games and tvs?

I'm pretty sure it works on European tvs/gamecubes too...you might wanna see if anyone in Europe is selling gamebridges because I wouldn't guarantee that the american version would work in Europe

Also, yes, i believe GB is compatible with Mac, but I would confirm this with the seller

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Ok so from the posts here, I believe that this works with N64, GCN, and the Wii, is that correct?

As you can see, there are 2 male ports and 1 female port. Your GB is equipped with 3 female ports, your N64 wires are equipped with 3 male ports and your TV is equipped with 3 female ports.
It might make it easier to mark each of these wires with colors (yellow, white, red) to differentiate between the wiring.

Now, your N64 wires will go into the female port. 3 of the male ports will go into the TV and the other three will go into the GB.

Ok, so your wires are set up and your GB program is installed. Now plug in your GB and turn on your N64 (and your TV of course). Open up the program you just installed and click the “Gamebridge” button. It will go directly to a “movie” screen with controls at the bottom (record, stop, play, etc). On this screen, you should see everything and anything that your N64 is doing. It should match your TV screen.
Ok this was the part that scared me the most about this. In this passage of the first post you wrote N64s as the system being plugged into. This led me to believe that the system only works with the N64. So unless the GB works with only the N64 system, you might want to put "N64/GCN/Wii" instead of just N64 so people won't get the wrong idea that this only works for the N64.

_kSo_

Smash Master
Ok so from the posts here, I believe that this works with N64, GCN, and the Wii, is that correct?

Ok this was the part that scared me the most about this. In this passage of the first post you wrote N64s as the system being plugged into. This led me to believe that the system only works with the N64. So unless the GB works with only the N64 system, you might want to put "N64/GCN/Wii" instead of just N64 so people won't get the wrong idea that this only works for the N64.
yes. sorry for the confusion

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
So... can you record video to a VHS, and then use the gamebridge to record the VHS to the computer later on?
Yes you can. That's the method I use to upload videos. Just hook your VCR to the gamebridge and the GB to the computer. It's fairly easy.

Also, the gamebridge receives the maXXXpower seal of approval.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
i've already checked everywhere on google for finding vista drivers.
apparently some people can get it to work on Vista, and an equal amount of people can't get it to work.

Adaptec themselves say that they do not and will not make drivers for vista for the gamebridge, so looks like im boned

oh well at least it only cost like 20 bucks
I just found this thread, and decided to investigate before thinking seriously about getting this... and I find someone has already tried and tested this with Vista.

I don't suppose anyone has found out by now what determines if a Vista system can or cannot support this software? If I can know that my laptop can't support it, then I will be able to save time, money, and some advil...

_kSo_

Smash Master
i downgraded to XP and it works fine

if u dont plan on downgradng, dont get the gamebridge
from what i've been hearing the software that the gamebridge comes with doesn't work for vista, but I have an idea

instead of using the actual software that came with the gamebridge, try using the video capture in windows movie maker

I, myself, don't have vista so if someone who has vista and knows how to use the video capture in WMMM, it would help a lot of the folks out here who need it for vista

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I want to downgrade... but I can't. No XP to put in its place, and nowhere to put my files whilst I downgrade... I don't even have a rudimentary Flash Driver any more ;_;

As for WMM, I thought I read it was something having to do with it being an unfavorable file type coming off the gamebridge... I don't know the specifics, but I know I can throw out there a program to convert any files into workable format.

It's SUPER. (And that literally is its name... SUPER... and so far for me, it has performed very well) Best of all, it's free.

The video files I took with my digital camera came off it as .MOV files, a file type that EVERYTHING F***ING HATES, but I was able to work with them after I used SUPER to convert them to .avi with little to no quality loss...

So yeah, if that helps at all with a Vista solution...

UnChienAndalousa

Smash Apprentice
So I have it all set up, and the video isn't... showing up. Should I get a new video cable? I have it going from my Tv w/ built in VCR through the GB. I don't get it.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm deffinately going to look into this so I can start making videos. We'll see, I can also text to see if it works with Vista since I have a labtop and a home computer, so it's no big deal. I'll report back in like 2 weeks :p

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Awsome post, well done with the effort to try and get amature off-screen recordings out of the way. 5-star =D. Psy.

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Hey all. I just got my GameBridge and tried it out right away. I'm pretty much sure on how to handle all the settings, except for the video output. What I mean by that is, the video files that I get after recording. I noticed they were uncompressed. Now, I know you have to use a codec to compress them, but I was also told to stay away from Divx and xvid if I wanted to mix and match the videos. Any alternatives and methods for me to compress these files to a more manageable size and format?

_kSo_

Smash Master
Hey all. I just got my GameBridge and tried it out right away. I'm pretty much sure on how to handle all the settings, except for the video output. What I mean by that is, the video files that I get after recording. I noticed they were uncompressed. Now, I know you have to use a codec to compress them, but I was also told to stay away from Divx and xvid if I wanted to mix and match the videos. Any alternatives and methods for me to compress these files to a more manageable size and format?

In the original post, I posted the quote of someone telling us where we can find a FREE video converter to convert the gamebridge-recorded files into WMV which will work with windows movie maker for XP, 2000, and ME.

Still no updates on vista as far as i know :(

here is the quote below:
I use the free version of stoik video converter, which can be found here. The free version works fine, I convert my vids into WMV's. And Windows Movie Maker can load the videos after the conversion.
I'll make it bigger in the original post so people can see it better. Let me know how that goes

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
this was mentioned before, but theres a video converter called SUPER which can pretty convert any video format to any other video format, and its completely free. I use it and it's pretty amazing.
also i don't have much of a size issue
i record on the lowest settings and about an hour of footage is 1 gigabyte, which isn't bad actually

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Does anyone know of a website to download the Gamebridge installation program? Ya know, to put in on the computer so I can record since I lost the CD?

_kSo_

Smash Master
this was mentioned before, but theres a video converter called SUPER which can pretty convert any video format to any other video format, and its completely free. I use it and it's pretty amazing.
also i don't have much of a size issue
i record on the lowest settings and about an hour of footage is 1 gigabyte, which isn't bad actually
do you have the link for the website? that would help us all.
And if you have used the Stoik video converter (as mentioned in the first post) which do you think is better?

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
I heard SUPER was really good, it supports more video formats then Stoik from what I've heard. I just never got SUPER because there site was confusing and I couldn't find the download link.

Lickuid

Smash Rookie
Instead of hooking the GC to the TV then to the GB, could I just hook it straight up to the GB and not have any problems with lag?

Cruise

Smash Apprentice
there is some frame skipping if you try to play on your computer by plugging straight into the gamebridge, but there is no real lag, everything looks a bit slower but thats because of frame skipping

this is the link for super (sorry i didnt read the posts earlier) and yea the site is confusing
http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html
scroll down to the bottom of the second post thing, they tell you how to download it

i have never used stoik, because super pretty much converts everything i need

keitaro, there isn't any place you can download the installation info online. adaptec is known for poor customer support. i could try making a zip file with all the files on the CD but i dont know if that would even work in the first place. no harm in trying though, i'll post here with a link when i'm done

also, for those who are encoding, i actually don't use an encoder for my recorded video since i dont use wmm. i use ulead visualstudio 11, which i guess automatically encodes after export each clip

Top Bottom