• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Install Project M?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so I'm REALLY confused

and please don't call me an idiot, etc. but I'm really bad at downloading/installing things

so, first I download Project M, obviously

it downloads to my computer (?), so how to I get it onto my Wii/SD card...

Please help?

Edit: So, I need an SD card LESS or EQUAL to 2GB. Are all SD cards about 2GB or do I have to get a special SD card for 2GB or less?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Most SD cards are 2GB or less. Also if you have windows, you should download the Demo Installer from the downloads page and follow the instructions on that page or the ones I'm about to give you.

1. Make sure your SD card has nothing inside of it.
2. Delete every single custom stage from your Wii.
3. If you followed what I said and got the Demo Installer, start it up.
4. After agreeing, check the option that says [Full Set] Hackless Wii, it should be the first one.
5. Click next and when it asks for a destination, choose your SD card. It'll install it automatically for you, just wait until its finished.
6. Once it's done, eject the card and put it in your Wii then start up Brawl and go to Stage Builder. Gecko will start up and just click Launch Game. P:M should start at that point and you're ready to enjoy the game.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Also make sure you're using the proper set. There's Hackless Full, Hackless Wi-Fi, Homebrew Full, and Homebrew Wi-Fi.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Most SD cards are 2GB or less. Also if you have windows, you should download the Demo Installer from the downloads page and follow the instructions on that page or the ones I'm about to give you.

1. Make sure your SD card has nothing inside of it.
2. Delete every single custom stage from your Wii.
3. If you followed what I said and got the Demo Installer, start it up.
4. After agreeing, check the option that says [Full Set] Hackless Wii, it should be the first one.
5. Click next and when it asks for a destination, choose your SD card. It'll install it automatically for you, just wait until its finished.
6. Once it's done, eject the card and put it in your Wii then start up Brawl and go to Stage Builder. Gecko will start up and just click Launch Game. P:M should start at that point and you're ready to enjoy the game.

OMG YOU MADE IT SO MUCH CLEARER THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!

But 1 more thing...can I actually INSERT my SD card into my computer in order to put to put the "destination" at the SD card

and also, can the fullset hackless be played online? I wanted to play online but it might be laggy so im not sure...

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
To answer your question, you HAVE to insert the SD card into the computer in order to even install Project M. When I say "destination" in those instructions I mean the place where you'll install Project M which will be your SD card.

If you want to play online, instead of getting the [Full Set] Hackless Wii choose the [Wi-Fi Set] Hackless Wii.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
OK I already downloaded the wifi hackless wii version.

So I have to insert my SD card into my computer ( which I must figure out where to insert it =/ ) and then download the installer...then what?

Also, the folder should be the SD card, correct?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
OK I already downloaded the wifi hackless wii version.

So I have to insert my SD card into my computer ( which I must figure out where to insert it =/ ) and then download the installer...then what?

Also, the folder should be the SD card, correct?
Just figure out how to access your SD card from your computer then follow the instructions I gave you earlier, should be a breeze to install.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
Thanks =D

But what is the difference between the root and the SD card? How do I access the root itself or is that just putting it in the SD card?

Also, if the SD card is removed, that means that you can once again create stages in Brawl (which I will not, of course).

Also, can I take my SD card to my friends, say, and play Project M with my friend(s)?

1 More thing: If all stages are not deleted (I WILL delete them, but still), Project M will not open, correct?

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Thanks =D

But what is the difference between the root and the SD card? How do I access the root itself or is that just putting it in the SD card?

Also, if the SD card is removed, that means that you can once again create stages in Brawl (which I will not, of course).

Also, can I take my SD card to my friends, say, and play Project M with my friend(s)?

1 More thing: If all stages are not deleted (I WILL delete them, but still), Project M will not open, correct?

The root is what appears as soon as you open up the SD card. Essentially it's the Desktop of an SD card, that's how I see it.
You do have to remove the SD card to create stages, but having any custom stages won't let you boot up Project M. And yes, once Project M is on your SD card you can take it anywhere and play it on any Wii as long as you have a Brawl disc.

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
The root is what appears as soon as you open up the SD card. Essentially it's the Desktop of an SD card, that's how I see it.
You do have to remove the SD card to create stages, but having any custom stages won't let you boot up Project M. And yes, once Project M is on your SD card you can take it anywhere and play it on any Wii as long as you have a Brawl disc.
Sweet

and so all I have to do is save it to my SD card as soon as it asks me to save it into a folder I just select an SD card. I assume it will save into the root automatically since it is a brand-new never-used SD card.

1 more question: The best SD card is a sandisk blue 2GB SD card, but does the color matter? (what I mean is there is a blue one and a white one for 2GB SD cards by sandisk. They are the same thing, correct?)

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
and so all I have to do is save it to my SD card as soon as it asks me to save it into a folder I just select an SD card. I assume it will save into the root automatically since it is a brand-new never-used SD card.
This is correct.
And no the color doesn't matter.. what would ever make you think it did?

Hakkat

Smash Apprentice
This is correct.
And no the color doesn't matter.. what would ever make you think it did?

Thanks

And no, it's not the color, It's just that the color made me wonder if it was a different model. I wasn't sure if it had to be a specific model SD card. But yeah it was kinda stupid of me :p

Top Bottom