• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to increase your wi-fi signal

bennyboytx

Smash Rookie
ah amazing! i'd be a good way but my routers in the middle of my house and i don't have a problem with neighbors but i'll certainly recommend it

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
1 thing you need to remember about this "device" is that it changes the way the waves are projected.

As they mentioned, it turns the signal from a "circular" one (broadcasting in all directions) to a directional broadcast. So if your router is in the middle of your home or is above where you are accessing the wireless from, then it could reduce the signal and make it worse.

Anyways, good stuff!!

SirChubbs

Smash Rookie
So umm.... sum of u may find this weird, but after reading this, i put sum foil under my wii(*its sideways) and I probably had my best stretch of with anyone yet.

Boon :o

Smash Journeyman
wow.

So umm.... sum of u may find this weird, but after reading this, i put sum foil under my wii(*its sideways) and I probably had my best stretch of with anyone yet.
I've also tried this and it surprisingly worked.
I pulled out some foil, folded it to mold the bottom of the wii stand, and then placed my wii back on top of the stand, and my wi-fi signal of my wii went from 3 bars to 4 bars. :chuckle:

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
I put the "Windsurfer" on my router, and have it facing towards the direction of my Wii, but it actually made the reception turn from green to yellow. I built it correctly, does anyone know what I may have wrong?

J18

Smash Journeyman
so wouldn't it be more focused using a bowl/dish shaped parabola?
i'm gonna try this out, but my antenna is really funny shaped

Top Bottom