• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to improve my greninja? (with video)

Bladeyer

Smash Rookie
Well, as the title says I seriously want to improve my greninja play. I've read all I found about the character and game mechanics but I still can't get to improve much. I recorded a pair of videos playing against a computer (bad internet, too laggy to play online :/) and am leaving them here so that you could give me some advice, what am I doing right/wrong, etc. and more importantly how to improve :)

Thanks in advance :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM0Ih6pg-nI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5BNT_Jo-gc

Last edited:

Her0Noi5e

Smash Cadet
What I personally find effective is instead of doing your dash attack, I think it's better to run up, and up-smash. you slide forward enough to get into range, it had a chance of getting them into the air, and also can hit the enemy on both sides. I don't use down smash as much, his up-smash is just too good lol.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Moar aerials. When you play humans, relying on dash attacks for approaching doesn't work so well. The times you did go into the air you did great. So why not more of that to mix up your game?
You seemed glued to the stage most of the games. And maybe a bit of a habit doing charged shurikens?
There were times where you did a dash attack, but instead of following it up with an aerial or something you just charged a shuriken.
But take that with a grain of salt, I'm not that good with him yet.

Last edited:

ghaudephaede010

Smash Journeyman
I have a lot of advice for you:

Mix up your movement with your projectile. Jump and then throw it. Use different sizes to mix up your timing and keep yourself unpredictable.

When you grab near the ledge, it is best to throw off stage unless you are at the sweet percentage where you can uthrow uair kill. You always want your opponent recovering.

When they are recovering, use your projectile . Again, jump and throw at different sizes to keep your opponent guessing on how and when to recover.

Use dash attack way less as mentioned. It is a horrible tactic that is easy to punish. Instead, dash grab.

Use heavy projectile and while they are blocking, rush grab.

Last edited:
Top Bottom