• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to hit someone on the back.

Color Man EXE

Smash Rookie
In previous Smash Bros. games, a character attacks another character on the back, but the damaged character automatically switches to the front instead. Right now in Smash Bros. 4, Sakurai will add back-damaged animations(like back-damaged blowback animations). If you have questions or comments, let me know.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If you're going to post something that implies confirmation, you need to have a source to the claim, or else the thread would just be a waste of space.

:phone:

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Instead of shouting out "PROOF," can't you just go and see for yourselves if you don't believe him? He proposed a new animation for the next Smash. If it already exists, then please feel free to let us all now.

iirc, the character that is being hit from behind will turn around. I am not sure, but it isn't too difficult to check. A better animation for that would be a great detail for the next installment.

EDIT: I just checked, and the OP is right; the character turns around when you hit it from behind. Now when we have gotten that fact out of the way, can we start the discussion?

Ove

Smash Journeyman
We weren't complaining about that,we knew that.
But he said :"Sakurai will add back-damaged animations" with no source.
Oh, I see. Yeah, that was indeed pretty random.

I don't think it'll be added. It's pretty inconvenient being faced away from the stage when launched by the opponent.

PROOF!

nessokman

Smash Lord
Smash has never had those animations. A namco bandai associate proposed it maybe? Sakurai wouldn't bother putting it in.It would be space that he coould be cramming more in with. We all know sakurai loves to cram games with stuff.

PROOF OP!?

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Might not work well with CCing, I would lose the option of downtilt's and uptilts after a successful crouch cancel if my character faces the opposite direction. I'm kind of jumping the gun a bit assuming cc's will be in smash 4 I guess.

:phone:

grizby2

Smash Lord
as above posters said, confirmation would be nice.
im not calling you a total liar!
but i mean what you said could be a game-changing mechanic.... ya know?

Top Bottom