• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to gain momentum for Nair from a standstill

CrazyFabiO

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys,

as running sh nairing is very important for Pika in every matchup, i am asking myself what is the fastest way to build up the speed for the Nair. This is very important, because you need to crossup the nair in many matchups, but if you have not enough air speed, you end up doing the nair almost in place and probably get punished for that.

When i see Axe (e.g. at exactly 1:09 in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AL5Q0OZLo ), he can cover such a wide distance with his nair directly after standstill. But if i try this myself, i often end up jumping just a tiny bit forward.

So what is the reason for this? Do i jump out of my dash too fast and need to wait a few more frames, so i build up more speed? Or is it more important to hold forward during the jump, so you can profit from the air drift?

N64

Smash Champion
Make sure you actually get a dash and hold forward as you jump. That's all you need, there's no "time to build up speed" element. Just have to be dashing and make sure you're holding forward as you jump.

Top Bottom