• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to fix a broken 3DS headphone jack?

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The headphone jack on my 3DS is broken. No matter what's plugged in, sound comes through the speakers.

It's important that this is fixed because I have very easily-annoyed housemates, thus an inability to use the speakers. So does anyone have any ideas?

Also, buying another 3DS is financially out of the question.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
if your warranty is still good, cry to nintendo over on their customer service. they'll do anything for money.

if not, dont play with sound i guess

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
if your warranty is still good, cry to nintendo over on their customer service. they'll do anything for money.

if not, dont play with sound i guess
Great... I just looked up the warranty and it expired in 2012.

I'm going to have to blow my savings on a new console. ****ing GREAT.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
If you were a competitive Smash player you wouldn't be considering the 3DS version competitive...
Why will the 3DS version of smash be any less competitive than the Wii U version?

It's the exact same game.

You could argue that tournaments are easier to set up with the DS version too. No venue or TV's required.

R0Y

Smash Master
Why will the 3DS version of smash be any less competitive than the Wii U version?

It's the exact same game.

You could argue that tournaments are easier to set up with the DS version too. No venue or TV's required.

It's not the exact same game at all. Different stages, different modes, low resolution, lower-res textures, single controller, no local multiplayer with 1 disc (will require more than 1 game card, you bet.) Music will be severely impacted, with only 2 tracks per stage, Nintendo probably wants to fit it on a 2 GB card for the physical release tops (4 GB exist with a tiny number of titles but are more expensive and rare.) Amiibos, if you desire them, will require a separate device to use, since the 3DS does not come built-in with NFC capabilities. Tourney's would be worse with a 2.4 GHz ad hoc Wi-Fi card implementation, not to mention interference from any other 2.4 GHz devices. As someone with an OG 3DS myself, the controls and size of the screen aren't going to be too hot either... Smash is way better on a big TV at a higher resolution/image quality than on a tiny 240p screen, and even if you think that's opinion, the default options for black outlines and your eyes will tell you different.

3DS wasn't designed for Smash like it wasn't designed for 2 extra shoulder buttons or a second analog stick.

The game CAN'T be the same game because the architecture of the 3DS and Wii U is completely different. One is ARM and one is PowerPC. Even the assets that have been reused (i.e. character models) have been heavily cut down to work on the older and completely different 3DS hardware. It is not the same game at all, unlike say, a Pokemon X and Y.

Fewer stages and modes is a definite possibility, that's conjecture, but we'll see. I'd bet my avatar on it.

Advantage-wise, load times will be quicker, given the solid-state memory, less RAM used and less RAM to fill. Also, input lag will be very low given the built-in screen. The wait from the frame buffer to the image appearing on screen will be near instant.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Please can this discussion not happen. It doesn't have anything whatsoever to do with the TS's problem. If you'd like to discuss the competitive viability of the 3DS, please help yourself to making a thread as to spare the topic of this one.

Top Bottom