• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Edgeguard Every Character as Falcon (Under Construction)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
There are pretty safe ways to edgeguard with falcon, with very little chance of taking damage SDing.

I've never seen you play, or edgeguard, so I'm not saying you suck, but you should consider other ways of edgeguarding (too).
Read what I stated, you nitpicked for one reason and asked why it was there. I don't always use it, I stated it was the safest method however.

I play over-aggressively, I don't play too safely, but when I need to, I use that. As of yet, I haven't been horrible annihilated because of it, nor punished for anything past a jab or two.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Often times, moves like Link's up-B sits there being useless for a few frames. Those frames are enough to spike him.

The same can be said for anyone that doesn't "snap" to the ledge in a broken liek manner. (Mario and Lucario come to mind)

Still, if you do the hop, no character is fast enough to punish you, unless you did this way to late and they were already on the ledge to begin with.

aka: You're doing it wrong.

a) It works, I use it pretty ****ed often, its possibly your safest edgeguarding choice without staying on stage.

b) Except for the falcon punch, I wouldn't say it unless I know it to work. (FP works, but its so impractical it's not worth it)

c) Pushing something out as 'worthless' is why boards don't develop. Things have uses, my BAL/BACL for Link boards was deemed useless back in October, and people are starting to finally 'see the light' and see its worth. Maybe this whole b-reversed Side-B will suffer the same fate? Who knows, who cares. If it does, that just gives me more time to use it in videos before it becomes common as hell. :laugh:

d) Yah, I'm aware of the priority. Most hitboxes are at their end near the edge though, that's just how people try to time their recoveries. Also the angle of which you hit normally let's you hit, rather then your opponent.
Read what I stated, you nitpicked for one reason and asked why it was there. I don't always use it, I stated it was the safest method however.

I play over-aggressively, I don't play too safely, but when I need to, I use that. As of yet, I haven't been horrible annihilated because of it, nor punished for anything past a jab or two.
In the first post I quoted you say it works often, implying you use it often.

you also imply it is the next best thing in falcon's edgeguard game. It is not. It may be the safest, wich, in fact is not true, as no risk = no risk. But even if it is the safest option, it still is not the best, and even when you get it to connect, raptor boost doesn't even spike hard
:(

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I'm going to get back to work on this, although it will probably be a few weeks before it's reasonably finished. I'm sticking with the Zone Diagram for explanations of stuff, but I no longer plan of using modified versions of it for the sections of the guide. Video examples are just way more fun.

I've compiled a video of the trajectories of almost every move to get your opponent offstage, since where they are offstage is so important for gimping them. It's definately not done yet, but here's its current version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvSoUrx0g1g

The Marths standing in the corners of the stage (causing everything to be really small) are to minimize camera movement so that it's much easier to see the trajectories relative to each other.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Red-Blue didnt post this himself.
It seems some mod is after him.

The dictators that call themselves mods around here need to stop beeing power hungry fools.

'But We ARe DoIng It OUt Of OuR Own FrE3 W1lL!1!!! It'S 4 ChariTyzz!!1!' <-- = no excuse.

It's a video game site. Not a classroom. Loosen up.

If you hate beeing a mod, and take it out on posters by doing everything to get a poster infracted/banned, like I've seen almost every mod do at least once around here, please just stop beeing a mod. No one will have benifits from such power hungy actions.

Top Bottom