• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How To Easily Livestream And Record Videos In Optimal Quality, 60 Frames/Second

Update: I added a section for streaming with OBS. It's a bit more difficult to use than Adobe FMLE, but it uses non field blending deinterlacing and can use 2 audio devices, for game and commentary

(Also, I should probably add 2 sections on how to add video banners onto videos. I might do that sometime whenever I have any free time)

Last edited:

Elcheer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elcheer
3DS FC
4742-8083-5677
So I tried this with my TAS videos and they don't come out so...pretty. Am I doing something wrong or...?

So I tried this with my TAS videos and they don't come out so...pretty. Am I doing something wrong or...?
How good is the original capture footage from the TAS videos? Deinterlacing an uninterlaced video would lessen the quality a little bit, but not by too much. What exactly are you doing? Are you recording + editing or only editing the files?

Elcheer

Smash Rookie
NNID
Elcheer
3DS FC
4742-8083-5677
How good is the original capture footage from the TAS videos? Deinterlacing an uninterlaced video would lessen the quality a little bit, but not by too much. What exactly are you doing? Are you recording + editing or only editing the files?
I just take the framedump from my Dolphin Dump folder in Documents, then tried to follow the steps you posted, then converted to mp4.

I'm lazy. I also have a potato for a computer so...no recording externally for me.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
EPsilon933 EPsilon933 So once you run the capture through vdub, is that good to go for youtube? I made an 8 min video and it's coming out to be ~1.2gb...i get that compressing it to under 100mb will destroy the quality, of course. What should i do?

Last edited:
EPsilon933 EPsilon933 So once you run the capture through vdub, is that good to go for youtube? I made an 8 min video and it's coming out to be ~1.2gb...i get that compressing it to under 100mb will destroy the quality, of course. What should i do?
Read the rest of the guide. There's a section about deinterlacing, upscaling, and compression

Oh, wait, I thought I was in a different thread, LOL. Yeah, my guide is tailored for optimizing quality as easily as possible. You could be patient and wait for a long time to upload it to Youtube, if that's a possibility, or you could reduce the bit rate (and quality) if you don't have enough time nor internet speed. 720 will allow 60 frames/second, so maybe you can reduce the resolution to that and cut the bit rate to 10,000 Kb/s

Last edited:

Fab

Smash Rookie
I have an Elgato HD60, would I be able to record with this through the use of splitters/converters in 60FPS? Not sure what I would need.

At0micssbm

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, tried setting up MPEG Layer 3 in audio settings but 320 kBit/s, 48,000 HZ, Stereo didn't come up, anyone know what's up?

NS23

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
SLOK#533
I found a CRT with HDMI, would I be able to just connect it to my computer and stream?

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
Im pretty new to streaming and video editing in general and reading this helped me figure out how to set my capture card to the s-vid and gave me some settings. Thanks EPsilon933 EPsilon933

Gabezilla

Smash Rookie
I have a question regarding my tv,the wii component cables, and my Elgato Game Capture HD.

If i'm using wii component cables, but my tv only have composite(in my case, only yellow and red) holes, will i still be able to plug in my component cables to my tv? And if it is possible, will i still be able to get the component cable quality(480p if im correct), and not the composite cable quality(480i if im correct) from my capture card?

Also, do i need splitters for my Elgato Game Capture HD?

DYLirious94

Smash Cadet
To get both composite you would need splitters i think, but if you wanted to do composite into your tv and then component into your elgato it should work that way, at least my does with s video and composite.

Basod

Smash Rookie
I am having trouble with the software and the footage. My footage has lines whenever the characters move and they leave an after image. Did I set something wrong or is it my capture card? I am using an Easiercap and a decent looking splitter.

Top Bottom