• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Down Spike and mediesmash

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
Hello there people

i would like to see if peole can help me with Down Spike and mediesmashing with Zelda...

dus any one have any tip's for me???

[lz help if you can...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Oh geez.............sigh.

Fastfalling it helps it to sweetspot better, that and just learn where the sweetspot is located.

Bandit

Smash Lord
You have to anticipate people coming for you and throw it a little earlier than you normally would think to do it. I have found even if you sour spot you at least get them away from you. I don't recommend fighting your way down if people are under you but if they approach and you have no other option, it is one of going for it.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
a mediesmash is a down Spike... so you're down a...

you can mediesmash, when you are over the eage or when it's the last thing you can do...

with Zelda you mast sweet spot her mediesmash but i still am loning how to do that...

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Even if you get the sourspot, it can actually lead into footstools if you time the jump correctly. If that happens, usually the opponent will not recover. The only problem is you put yourself at risk a little bit by going for the footstool, regardless, the d-air is risky.

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
but i belive after you footstool an opponent they get one more jump???
do if they are like pit or snake... they can recover becoz of thet...

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Granted if its them, they have a very minimal chance of recovering when they get back their UpB. Snake would still have a hard time and probably have to c4 his way back and Pit's wings may not even deploy in time to save himself.

If you do get it though, it is that much more rewarding.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The more you play against a character the more predictable they will become. All characters have the same fundamental moveset, and for the most part, they have ONE option of recovering from below the stage. Up B.

Anticipate the timing and trajectory of a charcters move, while simultaneously learning how to time and position yourself.

You should start the spike when they are about just under 1 Zelda character height away from your foot.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Make sure that you're connecting with the very, very beginning of the move. If you haven't noticed yet, if the kick lands even one frame after the move starts up, it won't sweetspot.

So basically, make sure that when you press Down A, the opponent will be right where her foot comes out (though it has a fairly large area to sweetspot).

Ominous

Smash Apprentice
well with Zelda you can Meteorsmash what can be sweetspot

or ele hill them what can kill at 60 % for most people...
but thats if you sweetspot it...

Bandit

Smash Lord
@Train

There is flaming here on the Zelda boards. If you wanted to help, then you should actually give something constructive.

@ Ominous

Yes, if you sweet spot the spike, it has a great shot to kill around 60%. Just remember that any character can press upB to cancel the spike, so it isn't a guarantee.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I don't really think Zelda has a very reliable Spike, & you need to be careful with it, because if you miss on characters like Ganon, he could get above you & spike you with his big fat dair.

Dayzin

Smash Journeyman
You have to anticipate people coming for you and throw it a little earlier than you normally would think to do it. I have found even if you sour spot you at least get them away from you. I don't recommend fighting your way down if people are under you but if they approach and you have no other option, it is one of going for it.
Agree with everything you say

Top Bottom