• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to do A rising pound ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxTheSlayer

Smash Cadet
Hello guys um .. I was wondering how you do a rising pound. Like a pound that goes slightly upwards. Thanks in advance.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Forward B slightly angled up. Or forward B and then quickly roll the control stick up.
Honestly, I still can't rising pound stall.. much less rising pound 50% of the time.

-_-

Why is it sooo hard for me?

Edit: Also, I see it's your first post. Welcome to the smash community, fellow Puff.<3

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
To nail the Pound-Up, I recommend using B-sideways and then immediately click up. The first bit is the input of what move you are using. Then you have a couple of frames (I believe it's more than one) to joystick up. Another thing you may do with this is Pound-Down. If you're slightly above someone and to the side, the Pound-Down will increase your lower hitbox range allowing you to either surprise your opponent or wear down his shield. Watch out for the crouch cancel though if the opponent is at a low percentage. Also, be careful going Pound happy. If you grow predictable, you'll get punished easily.

Keblerelf

Smash Ace
yes going sideways and then straight up is much more effective to do a rising pound. If you tilt the stick at an angle you risk the chance of using sing instead.

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
I just pound and circle upwards afterwards to avoid using sing, but pressing straight up would probably be better.

MaxTheSlayer

Smash Cadet
Thanks i got it to work ! I just pound and roll the stick a little upwards, works perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom