• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to DI effectively with ZSS?

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
Hi. I'm new to ZSS and so far I think she rocks hard. She amazing and stands some chance against Meta Knight. Anyway currently my big struggle with ZSS is not pulling off her amazing combos but DIing properly. I always seem to die at about 100% with attacks of even medium strength because I can't seem to DI as well with ZSS as with other chars. How do I DI effectively with ZSS so I can last longer in any matches?

I'm sure she has a special way of DIing to last longer.

Thanks

HD

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
No more special than any other character. Just DI up for attacks that send you horizontal, and sideways for ones that send you vertically. Remember to use aerial recoveries to make it easier to last longer

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
What you gotta do is when the attack comes and you're gonna get hit horizontally move towards teh upper corners, uair to get outta hit stun, then IF IT'S ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, down b right after to stop momentum. for vertical either DI left or right depending or which side of the stage you are and just uair.

I've been surviving attacks like crazy doing this. even though zss is a "lightweight" she has awesome DI good enough to make her look like a middleweight.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
DownBing out of hitstun is very very dangerous though, if you never touch down you're fairly easy to gimp at that point.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't know, I'm still working on my DI, but ZSS players really need to use running up-B. Same as running up-smash, but instead of using up-B standing still or in the air, it makes up-B traps easier to do

kuenzel

Smash Ace
This isn't DI related, but if you still have your second jump use your up-b when jumping to add decent height to it.

I'm confused. I've heard that its fastest to airdodge to eliminate hitlag for horizontal recovery, but I've also heard Down-b is fastest.
Anyone mind clearing that up?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't know, I'm still working on my DI, but ZSS players really need to use running up-B. Same as running up-smash, but instead of using up-B standing still or in the air, it makes up-B traps easier to do
I wouldn't mind you posting this if it wasn't completely wrong.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I wouldn't mind you posting this if it wasn't completely wrong.
What exactly is an "Up-b Trap?" Some sort of cure for hiccups?

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
This isn't DI related, but if you still have your second jump use your up-b when jumping to add decent height to it.

I'm confused. I've heard that its fastest to airdodge to eliminate hitlag for horizontal recovery, but I've also heard Down-b is fastest.
Anyone mind clearing that up?
since zss' uair is faster than her airdodge it eliminates and gives her control faster than an airdodge would. and like cyanide said if you try to use down b out of hitstun the pushing of the down button will make you move towards the side of the level and not the upper corner so you would be kinda eliminating the point of DI.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
since zss' uair is faster than her airdodge it eliminates and gives her control faster than an airdodge would. and like cyanide said if you try to use down b out of hitstun the pushing of the down button will make you move towards the side of the level and not the upper corner so you would be kinda eliminating the point of DI.
Oh, okay that makes sense...

This is also true for characters whose airdodges are extremely fast. An example would be ZSS. When recovering horizontally, it's actually better to airdodge -> flipjump. Vertically, fast fall u-air is the best.
GAHHH stop confusing me!!

goodkid

Smash Lord
What exactly is an "Up-b Trap?" Some sort of cure for hiccups?
Oh my gosh, lol :laugh: what I mean is that up-B pulls the oppoenent to the ground right? I don't play ZSS, but can't you do some sort of tech chase, d-smash whatever when there on the ground? My gosh, no wonder ZSS has less players, these boards are so unfriendly. :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh my gosh, lol :laugh: what I mean is that up-B pulls the oppoenent to the ground right? I don't play ZSS, but can't you do some sort of tech chase, d-smash whatever when there on the ground? My gosh, no wonder ZSS has less players, these boards are so unfriendly. :p
No, it's because people like you think of things that don't really work.

Upsmash is almost always better than upB in a running situation.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Up b completely stops momentum if used while running. Opponents would see it coming anyway if you just charge under them with up b as they probably think you're gonna uair. Sorry kid, ain't gonna work...

sasook

Smash Champion
So he's basically saying run underneath, upb to pull them down, pray they don't tech, then do dsmash dsmash, upb, rinse, lather, repeat?

lol, old stuffz is old

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
My gosh, no wonder ZSS has less players, these boards are so unfriendly. :p
We do not dictate who does and does not play ZSS. We do, however, like to weed out those who have, shall I say, below the recommended intelligence for playing her.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
We do not dictate who does and does not play ZSS. We do, however, like to weed out those who have, shall I say, below the recommended intelligence for playing her.
If you read her sig, it says shes intolerant of stupidity. I'm not saying your stupid, it's just that the technique that was explained with the up-b is very old.

FK1

Smash Journeyman
Isn't this about DI?... I've yet to learn a good strategy, guys. Get back on track! :bee:

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
^

what You Gotta Do Is When The Attack Comes And You're Gonna Get Hit Horizontally Move Towards Teh Upper Corners, Uair To Get Outta Hit Stun, Then If It's Absolutely Necessary, Down B Right After To Stop Momentum. For Vertical Either Di Left Or Right Depending Or Which Side Of The Stage You Are And Just Uair.

I've Been Surviving Attacks Like Crazy Doing This. Even Though Zss Is A "lightweight" She Has Awesome Di Good Enough To Make Her Look Like A Middleweight.
^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom