• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal With Specific Moves Discussion: Currently Discussing Marths Dancing Blade

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Is the last phrase I've seen from the MBR still legit?

"DS when you see red"
Yes i remember that lol.
I think Steel said that to someone who asked when was the best time to DS against a DB OoS, and it definitely still applies when DB hits you shield.

Anyways we should move on. I think we've covered DB by now. Next up is Diddy's Nanerz amirite?

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice

"DS when you see red"
Overswarm tells me that MK can up b between DB3 and DB4; if MK can do it, so can Marf.

As for bananigans, I usually try to stay in the air so I can't trip? Fair is also good at swatting and catching. But yeah, as long as you're in the air, bananas are chip damage instead of a one-way ticket to combotown.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
you can only do it at low percents and if you instantly DI up when you are getting hit with it and spam the hell out of up b

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14

"DS when you see red"
i cant up b out of a marths red DB, You can however DS IF the marth is slow in his DB timing, this could be seen in mine and steel's ditto and it was obnoxious. I was getting up b'd out of my DB alot and his reds went through fine. The difference? his rhythm was better than mine. So you marths practice getting that DB out as fast as you can without screwing it up... its needed in dittos. and against mk.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Hey can we talk about game and watches nair? That thing ***** me pretty hard the other day. Is there a way to di out of that thing or something?

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Hey can we talk about game and watches nair? That thing ***** me pretty hard the other day. Is there a way to di out of that thing or something?
GnW's nair sucks you in, I believe. Your best bet is to hold up, like the turtle. Other than that, it is true that Marth is juggle fodder. You can go for a platform/ledge and try not to linger in the air/holding shield on a platform too long.

The best way to not get ***** by it is to avoid it, like most of what he does >_< just outspace him and DI, try and not airdodge, away from him. He ***** airdodges/spotdodges wayyyyyy too well

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
GnW's nair sucks you in, I believe. Your best bet is to hold up, like the turtle. Other than that, it is true that Marth is juggle fodder. You can go for a platform/ledge and try not to linger in the air/holding shield on a platform too long.

The best way to not get ***** by it is to avoid it, like most of what he does >_< just outspace him and DI, try and not airdodge, away from him. He ***** airdodges/spotdodges wayyyyyy too well
Ah I see I think I try to fair through it then again I try to fair through everything. It's like the little fish hit's me on my leg and I get juggled and I'm close to death because of the ridiculous early percentages his smash attacks kill at. DI ^ or SDI^?

Top Bottom