• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Deal with Pressure when CGing

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So:

I used to have huge problems with nerves. Actually I still kind of do. For a while, I've been looking for ways to work around it.

But then, I realized, why not just practice it?

The best way I found to do it is to practice focusing motor skills during simulated nervous situations. And to do that, it helps to practice motor skills caused by situations that are not directly related to CGing in order to stimulate your non automatic focal processes.

So I amended my practicing routine, and got much better results especially when the pressure was on.

The procedure:

1. Practice your CGs like you normaly do.

2. To practice your finer motor skills in a nonrelated subject, play the game found here:
http://www.maniacworld.com/maze_game.htm

3. Practice CGs immediately after you finish playing

I hope this helps :) :) :)

eschemat

Smash Journeyman
THIS IS THE SCREAM THING ASFDDLdfJSAFGA;

Edit;; I think, I'm too scared to check

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If you have willing people, you can achieve the same effect by having them randomly scream in your ear when you are CGing. Not only did I work away my nerve kinks this way, but I also developed an immunity to scream-cancelling at the same time. 2g

DeLux

Eh, the point is to get out of your comfort zone, get used to that adrenaline flowing, and still being able to focus and getting those CGs executed despite being out of your element.

Or having done it enough where the adrenaline rush IS your element.

Either or, I'm not picky :)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Yeah ofc, being on edge all the time because someone could scream in your ear at any moment is pretty much the definition of playing outside your comfort zone. :p

I dunno if anyone's odne it to you before but if they put effort into it that **** ****ing hurts.

DeLux

No, why are you waiting

go chaingrab now. practice while your in flight or fight mode

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
no, why are you waiting

go chaingrab now. Practice while your in flight or fight mode
oooo:
Doing it.

Edit: Got a full CG on MK, Lucario, and close to a full one on Snake.

<3

Couldn't Hylian desync though.

(Lux), if you wouldn't mind, could you PM me a link to your LD1 explanation? Or perhaps just...y'know, explain it in the PM?

Top Bottom