• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to deal with Peach's FAir?

Lolzita

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ouenma
Trying to figure how I should do this. I'm a Sm4sh Player training towards to become a competitive player by playing with my girlfriend. She is a very good Peach main and has spent playing for almost 6-months and usually gets in 5th place around tournaments.

Cut to the chase, I'm trying to figure out how I can counter some of her basic aerial games, especially that FAir move where she hits me with a crown. I tried FAiring it back and most likely it strikes me before I could even touch her. I would also appreciate it if you guys link me or give me some more tips on how to counter Peach's craziness!

Last edited:

Asa

Smash Hero
Our fair will beat hers. When you see her jump go for it

Also don't move into her as she floats and is trying to fair. She'll outspace you and smack you as you try to retaliate

Also SH bair is punishable with dash grab on shield

Last edited:

SlamShady

Smash Rookie
NNID
danthemacman96
If you sense that the player is fishing for the kill once the percents start racking up, forcing Peach to approach for the fair is often helpful, as it is one of her most reliable kill options against Ness, especially since bair gets outranged by many our aerials (and not being as potent as one would expect), in addition to uair not killing until the hundreds or so. You can often bait it by popping in and out with bair with or nair and retreating immediately to tempt the Peach to try and punish. Just watch out for dair setups into fair which can occur at low to mid percent and can send you flying pretty early, putting Ness in a fuzzy pickle off stage. Other then that setup, just remember that the move has a large amount of setup required, but can still be deadly if the Peach player baits you into over-extending yourself from approaches.

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Basically, just respect Fair super hard. I tend not to challenge it because it is her best kill move and nothing else would really kill besides Back Throw and Bair maybe. So when I expect Fair, I just shield and punish with Dash Attack or Nair if she is still floating. I used to struggle with this MU hard until I started respecting Fair.

Noa.

Smash Master
Peach's fair is not the fast. In brawl it was frame 16 and I assume it's somewhat similar in this game. If she's just throwing it out you can stuff it with our fair. If she's baiting out your aerial with float and punishing with fair, then run further before you do your aerial. You want to spend the least amount of time possible in the air before you can hit her with fair. If you have to jump far to interrupt her fair you won't make it.

If she fairs your shield you can just punish with a dash attack or any aerial.

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
The Peach matchup can be rough, since she's hard to rushdown, but remember that just because she's better at spacing than Ness doesn't mean you can't do the same, to bait out attacks to punish.

Top Bottom