• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to change Project M 3.6 CSPs, BSPs, RSPs and STOCK ICONS

Mewtwo2000 put me on to the problem with the stocks. They're controlled by a texture pattern and the one in info.pac doesnt have the extra slots in it. When I'm done adding them, I will create a thread that will hopefully fill everyone's needs.

I have been able to get cBliss, extra stages, ASL and Project M to all work together.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo2000 put me on to the problem with the stocks. They're controlled by a texture pattern and the one in info.pac doesnt have the extra slots in it. When I'm done adding them, I will create a thread that will hopefully fill everyone's needs.

I have been able to get cBliss, extra stages, ASL and Project M to all work together.
That's awesome! I'll keep an eye out for the thread, a template to work off of for full expansion (dong) would be perfect.

Its going to be a 34 stage expansion with cBliss, ASL enabled for most stages that allow it (Pictochat and Flat Zone 2 give me troubles :cry:)

Literally the only thing you will have to do in order to tailor it to your own build are:

1. Change the codeset (grab whichever of the stage expansions you need directly from the thread)
2. Swap stages and textures and watch the file limit for selchar/selmap.

That's LITERALLY it, I change nothing else from Project M (except Sonic's run traces)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Its going to be a 34 stage expansion with cBliss, ASL enabled for most stages that allow it (Pictochat and Flat Zone 2 give me troubles :cry:)

Literally the only thing you will have to do in order to tailor it to your own build are:

1. Change the codeset (grab whichever of the stage expansions you need directly from the thread)
2. Swap stages and textures and watch the file limit for selchar/selmap.

That's LITERALLY it, I change nothing else from Project M (except Sonic's run traces)
Awesome. So for stock icons, it's literally just an extra new file to add for each icon in info.pac? Nothing in STGRESULT or StockFaceTex (or whatever that one was called)? And did you just use Mewtwo2000's cbliss tool?

I'm building it now, so far it seems like I'll upload two builds: One with my custom stuff in it, and another barebones kit you can load your project M stuff over. I'm going to try very hard to make the barebones kit something anyone with no hacking expertise can simply throw in and boot up

EDIT: My build is way too customized for people to just throw what they already have working into it and it to work, I'd have to rebuilt it all off of the default 3.6 gct, which would GAWD take forever! If anything, I'll provide a kit to make your build at least work like mine, which is to say, all character costumes are in numeric order, 00 to 09(10).

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I'm building it now, so far it seems like I'll upload two builds: One with my custom stuff in it, and another barebones kit you can load your project M stuff over. I'm going to try very hard to make the barebones kit something anyone with no hacking expertise can simply throw in and boot up

EDIT: My build is way too customized for people to just throw what they already have working into it and it to work, I'd have to rebuilt it all off of the default 3.6 gct, which would GAWD take forever! If anything, I'll provide a kit to make your build at least work like mine, which is to say, all character costumes are in numeric order, 00 to 09(10).
Oh that's awesome, instead of having random numbers skipped? Instead of derailing this thread further I'll wait until you post yours, but I'm definitely gonna be stealing some of that.

KoE

Smash Rookie
So.... Is there any reason why Diddy Kong has no brres file in Char_Bust_Tex folder? Does the game use his CSPs as his RSPs?

Arcana~

I Am Thou
NNID
Orange-Shinobi
Trying to change some BPs but some like InfFace231-InfFace233 are nowhere to be found in the "portrite" file. What's that about?

EDIT: In fact it looks like the first few portraits for every character are absent from the "portrite" file. Yet they are in the game still..

Last edited:

Argentic

Smash Cadet
I used Cbliss to get 10 costumes per characters (9 for Bowser, G&W, Olimar and Roy) I added the needed files (CSP, stock, char_bust_tex, Giga Bowser, FitPeachEntry and all that stuff) but I have a problem when I load PM. After the load screen, the game freezes in a black screen. The size of my sc_selcharacter is 3,61 MB (3.698 KB) and I believe the file limit size is 3,79 MB. What should I do???? someone can help me with this trouble?

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Btw, if you guys were wondering, in netplay version for 3.6 why the csp's aren't working, it's because the current netplay is still using common5.pac as the csp.
So in order to fix this, export char_bust_tex_lz77 in pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac and replace it in the common5.pac in netplay

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Btw, if you guys were wondering, in netplay version for 3.6 why the csp's aren't working, it's because the current netplay is still using common5.pac as the csp.
So in order to fix this, export char_bust_tex_lz77 in pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac and replace it in the common5.pac in netplay
Or downgrade your version of the Brawl Costume Manager andd change the portraits with that.

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Wait, can u have a custom css and some stages and it will work on netplay if the other person doesn't have it?
Stages no, Characters yes, as long as the textures are wifi safe. Well I guess it depends on each persons connection, but it works fine for me

DocStrange

Smash Apprentice
Trying to change some BPs but some like InfFace231-InfFace233 are nowhere to be found in the "portrite" file. What's that about?

EDIT: In fact it looks like the first few portraits for every character are absent from the "portrite" file. Yet they are in the game still..
The only BPs in the folder are the ones added in Project M. Just like character costumes, since these are all seperate files, if one is not on the SD it will be loaded from the disc. If you need to change one, simply copy an existing one, rename it and replace the actual picture within.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Sure i'm really busy with maya rigging and stuff atm, but i'll try to make it if I have the time :)

The main priority is tuxedo bowser, but some of these are too awesome to bhave no character selection screen

The cool stuff basically lol

Last edited:

Argentic

Smash Cadet
I cant see these yet because im on a work computer but... I am gonna guess these are pictures that are all ready to be copied in my CSS or is there an extra step?
Open the link, there are a few Bowser CSS (Included the ones you mentioned). Just download what you need, put them in your sc_selectcharacter.pac and done.

tasteless gentleman

Smash Journeyman
Open the link, there are a few Bowser CSS (Included the ones you mentioned). Just download what you need, put them in your sc_selectcharacter.pac and done.
I have never done this so i apologize for the ignorant question but Do i have to rename anything? Have a certain program? Just drag and drop?

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
I have never done this so i apologize for the ignorant question but Do i have to rename anything? Have a certain program? Just drag and drop?
Like I mentioned in my tutorial
First download Brawlbox and go to projectm/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter.pac

Here,expand the "ARC" file 2nd from the top named "sc_selcharacter_en".

Now expand the "ARC" file named "char_bust_tex_lz77".

Expand the "BRES" file that correspondes to the charcter you're looking to edit.

If you're unsure which "BRES" file is which character, refer to the guide below!

MiscData[0] = Mario

MiscData[1] = Donkey Kong

MiscData[2] = Link

MiscData[3] = Samus

MiscData[4] = Yoshi

MiscData[5] = Kirby

MiscData[6] = Fox

MiscData[7] = Pikachu

MiscData[8] = Luigi

MiscData[9] = Captain Falcon

MiscData[10] = Ness

MiscData[11] = Bowser

MiscData[12] = Peach

MiscData[13] = Zelda

MiscData[14] = Sheik

MiscData[15] = Ice Climbers

MiscData[16] = Marth

MiscData[17] = Mr. Game and Watch

MiscData[18] = Falco

MiscData[19] = Ganondorf

MiscData[21] = Meta Knight

MiscData[22] = Pit

MiscData[23] = Zero Suit Samus

MiscData[24] = Olimar

MiscData[25] = Lucas

MiscData[26] = Diddy Kong

MiscData[27] = Mewtwo

MiscData[28] = Charizard

MiscData[29] = Squirtle

MiscData[30] = Ivysaur

MiscData[31] = King Dedede

MiscData[32] = Lucario

MiscData[33] = Ike

MiscData[34] = R.O.B.

MiscData[36] = Jigglypuff

MiscData[37] = Wario

MiscData[39] = Roy

MiscData[40] = Toon Link

MiscData[43] = Wolf

MiscData[45] = Snake

MiscData[46] = Sonic

Right click and replace with your file. Remember to press ctrl+s to save when you’re done

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I have been having trouble with changing the stock icons. Every time I save it after changes, i get the message: "Unable to open file or write access." What do I do?

Sempai

Smash Ace
I have been having trouble with changing the stock icons. Every time I save it after changes, i get the message: "Unable to open file or write access." What do I do?
That means you have the file open in 2 places at once, so it wont let you change it.
For example, a file open in brawl box and costume manager at the same time

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
That means you have the file open in 2 places at once, so it wont let you change it.
For example, a file open in brawl box and costume manager at the same time
So brawlbox open only. correct? I had both open to view which is which...

Last edited:

Brocolli123

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6887-1972
A bit of the problem changing BPs. Barely any of the .bress files I need are there. Only a few are. And the few that are are skins I haven't replaced. Only special ones like shinobi squirtle, commander lucas, the last few marth skins, etc. show up and not the ones I want to replace

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
A bit of the problem changing BPs. Barely any of the .bress files I need are there. Only a few are. And the few that are are skins I haven't replaced. Only special ones like shinobi squirtle, commander lucas, the last few marth skins, etc. show up and not the ones I want to replace
Oh I think I mentioned it before but for the skins that haven't been changed project m has not duplicated it, so for whichever file you want to replace copy them from the Brawl Data Partition (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0) and then you'll be able to replace things in it.
I see you're pretty devoted to kirby, but not devoted enough to stick with it in melee xd
LOOL I just can't play competitive melee with kirby. Reaching top 8 itself with him is impossible.

Brocolli123

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4897-6887-1972

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Hi,

How can I change the emblem that appears behind the CSP on the character selection menu? As well as the emblem that appears behind the character's % in-game. (For example, changing a Kirby emblem to a Fire Emblem emblem.) Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

qwertz143

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
QWER#215
Switch FC
3943-7485-4011
Hi,

How can I change the emblem that appears behind the CSP on the character selection menu? As well as the emblem that appears behind the character's % in-game. (For example, changing a Kirby emblem to a Fire Emblem emblem.) Thanks in advance!
It's located here pf > menu2 > sc_selcharacter.pac > MiscData[30] > MenSelchrMark.1-21

Top Bottom